clutch

GoldenMotor.com

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Hey headtrama its your bike your time your lathe, make what you want.
I agree, that's why even though I thought it wasn't the best material to be used in this manner I encouraged HT to give it a try (but keep an eye on it). That said, I'm not really sure what is to gain here besides perhaps dropping a tiny bit of weight, I dont really see the original pressure plate as being a weak link or part begging for improvement.
With that sort of skill and access to equipment I would encourage you to try and improve on some parts that are more obvious weak links, like the head, intake manifold etc...

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I have made a intake manifold for the mikuni carb as well . I even made one for another member on here . Lots if heads out there to choose from already I myself use a moped head .

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Third day of testing this with good results so far . Tomorrow will be the big test in 90 degree weather in race conditions . Here is a picture of it installed on the clutch . I also made a new star nut because the threads on the original one was jacked up .

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It would be a shame to put a side cover over that beautiful looking pressure plate!
Ya did awesome, headtrama!
Still though, it is better to keep bits out of the spinning gears I guess
Hmmm... a clear or color matched Lexan cover perhaps?

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Tested it today at the track and it worked flawlessly . I wish I could say the same for my front wheel . Ill get the hub fixed up and be ready for the 16th.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Tested it today at the track and it worked flawlessly . I wish I could say the same for my front wheel . Ill get the hub fixed up and be ready for the 16th.
Great to hear HeadTrama!

Gotta love when a plan comes together.

Bummer about the front wheel.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I think your gonna have to put about a 1,000 miles on it or so and then pull it off and inspect it, if there isn't significant wear or warpage at that point then I would say it is tested and proven...

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
It has about 40 laps on it in about 90 degree weather . I don't ride this bike on the street enough to put 1000 miles on it . But its holding tuff at 8000 rpm lol .....