Ar you sure you want to do this

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
So I still can't ride or do any real work on a bike. I have at least one more month to go maybe more. Not only that I have caught a lot of grief about the big motor 99cc or whatever the 2.5hp ilfan is.

I put the motor on craigs list locally and today I got my first call. I don't want to sell it so I'm starting from there. But I have been in the hospital three times this month stemming from the fall I took on Aug 3rd and my family is livid. I am hammering out compromises like crazy just to keep the peace. One of them was to sell the over sized illegal motor.

Today the guy calls and says, "Do you still have the bike motor for sale?"

me: Sure I have it for sale.

Him: is it for for a bike?"

Me: it's for any horizontal application tiller ect

Him: but you had it on a bike?

Me. yes i did.

Him: so how did it work?

Me: it worked just fine, I can show you how to hook it up.

Him: if it works so good, why you selling it?

Me: My wife doesn't want me to ride that bike any more, since I fell off and broke 6 rids and my collar bone. Hello Hello Hello.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I did a stupid thing. I was at the top of a long steep hill so I lifted the engine. I rode down the hill till i was close to the bottom doing a pretty good speed then I thought to myself. I probably should drop this motor. then i was in the ambulance,,,, then I was in the ER ... then I was waking up in a room being told I had six broken ribs and a collar boned. After I was out four days later. I went back to work on the bike which wasn't even scratched. The collar bone separated so i was back in the hospital having it pinned and plated. After that I had a drug reaction that my wife thought was a stroke so I was back in again. It has been a mess and I still don't know what happened.

My guess is i dropped the motor and the compression was so good in the motor that it locked the rear wheel which threw the bike into a spin. Why I don't remember any of it is anybody's guess,

I can't believe that there was no damage to the bike at all. I must have broken the bike's fall.

The motor doesn't have a scratch on it. I don't want to sell it and probably won't. I am working toward a trike with that motor powering it. But I don't dare tell my wife and daughter that. It had a spindle on the drive shaft and a lift clutch. That's what I think did it, I should never have lifted the engine.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Wow...That really is unfortunate, but at least you're still with us :)
I'm thinking the engine engaged is probably the best way to roll.
Hindsight is always 20/20
-Lowracer-

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
yes, I have always lifted the WW and the other small engines and then dropped them to drag start them. Bad idea with one that large on a bike.