the bike is a schwinn del ray
the moter is a kit from boy go fast (c)

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nice job, looks real professional.

Please let us know how the chain tensioner on the bicycle chain works in the long run....I've heard a lot of people say they've done it, but I don't know if they keep it there. A lot of these chains stretch A LOT and for a long time and there is not enough movement available to keep the chain tensioned properly (approx. 3/4"- no tighter!)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I saw a new bike at W-mart yesterday....a big black cruiser with a springer front....149.99. Today I went back, and it was gone and NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM! They still have the price tags up for the 99 dollar moon dogs, but they "don't have any more and don't know when they ever be in stock again".

Nice.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Daytonamanmike, your bike looks good, I rarely use the tensioners, BUT if you used kit chain it will strech more than you might ever believe possible. you can shim your engine froward to take up slack.

NOW, to more important things. This bike's front fender is mounted in the same was as at least 4 others that I have know, which resulted in face-plants by the riders.

FIX? either put a front strut on the fender, or remove the fender.

2ND safety point, I do not see a front brake on your bike, but I do see it will carry a caliper brake just fine.

I NEVER let a bike out of my shop with no front brake, and I never will, short of a signed affadavit by the bike owner (if I build, there will NEVER be a question). I have even sent the customer home with his new brake on credit if need be!

Your bike will be a ton of fun, and even more so without that fender wrecking both you and your bike.

Ride Straight,

Mike

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
That's a nice lookin' bike. Paint the motor black and you'd have one sleek machine.

I will agree with the fender and brake comments. Front brakes are absolutely a necessity.

datonamanmike

Jul 11, 2008
i ordered the brake kit today will be here tuesday i ordered a speedo too
i dont understand about the front fender ??? do you mean that the fender from the forks foward will fold over ???
also by the way an update: it does run!!!!!!!!! wo hoooo
a few miner ajustments and i will be good to go
thanks for all the nice comments and great advice
if i have to i will cut the front off that fender off

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi good to see you got it running, you don't need to cut off the fender.

Unscrew the axle nuts (one at a time), and pull the fender strut off of the axle, put nut back. Do over and then the little tab at the top is where your brake goes anyway.

Save the fender, and if you can do a front brace for it, it should be ok to put it back on.

Mike

datonamanmike

Jul 11, 2008
so just remove the fender ? ok that seems ok but i think i would like the back part of it for a splash gaurd maby ill fab up some front struts ( i am a sheet metal man )
as far as the chain tensioner i couldnt for the life of me make both chains the same perhaps as the drive chain streches they will work out we will see
thanks mike your a big help