rag spacer

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It seems I ask this about every week... Does anyone know where I can get the fiber spacer for the rear sprocket. If not how about a substitute, A large rubber washer like for plumbing or something.... i want to mount a chain ring onto a front wheel.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
the rag spacer is made out of the side wall of an old tire so if you got an old tire laying around you have all kinds of spare rags you just have to harvest them.:confused: I know it can be a bit tough to cut but if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
the rag spacer is made out of the side wall of an old tire so if you got an old tire laying around you have all kinds of spare rags you just have to harvest them.:confused: I know it can be a bit tough to cut but if it was easy everyone would be doing it.
You are kidding me right.....

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
I would think the easiest way to get that cut would be to use a wood drill bit to start a hole in the side wall and then use a jig saw with a metal type blade, something with a lot of teeth per inch(tpi). just mark it out with a tire pencil, the chalk kind. I don't know though I haven't tried it. I have four truck tires in the shed so I guess I could give it a go sometime.

Josh