ride across the usa

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nike- Just do it.

It will be a major undertaking at the very least on a motorized bike, good luck.
The first thing you'll need is a giant stack of money.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Untrue a pressure cooker and pinto beans for in between times when people aren't more than willing to put you up and feed you. A dude walked across America with a cross more than one if you have a good cause like this it is doable just have to set out and do it. Trail mix is a good alternative thru the desert due to lack of water but plan for the environment water in the desert is crucial. I'm in NM and for now makin bux PM me when you are in the area for steaks on the grill.

vincenty9847

Jul 26, 2010
weston
i might have to keep you up to that offer im in ohio and i want to plan and start my trip at the beginning of next summer so i can time the trip right and im also making a trailer so i can take fishing pole and a knife for some huntin if so need

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As a wanderer that's spent most of his life bombin' all o'er this country I can assure you that lodging is far more a concern than finding food. Being on a motorized bike you'll more than likely be sticking to the roads, that being the case there's plenty of inconvenience stores to pick up some beef jerky for the inevitable munchies. Yet the flip side of that is as most of the areas you'd be passin' through will be populated - finding a place to put up that lil tent without getting hassled becomes the challenge as some states are far less transient friendly than others. Add in that some states are less MB friendly than others... well... you can see that you might find yourself havin' convos with The Man lol

I'd strongly recommend attempting to register your bike as a moped. While it's true that one of the things I love about these things is not havin' to have the state's numbers on my ride, that "freedom" would become downright awkward should yer tin horse get impounded in some revenue hungry backwater... and it'll happen sooner or later. The laden trailer and packs, even your lil campsite will catch the eye of a bored-to-tears peace officer and nufin' gets their hackles raised faster than a lack of plate and/or license by someone claiming to be from otherwhere. Yet should you be sportin' a plate from far and away and happily provide the ID they so hunger for, odds are you'll get amazement and even some respect for your audacious trip, at the very least you'll stand a better chance of being seen as a brave adventurer by those folks who's backyard you ended up trespassing in and not so much the hippy bum they'd otherwise assume.

Other than that - it's just a matter of spare parts. I'd suggest buying a spare engine kit or two, grabbin' some of the small, light & needful bits outa 'em and leaving the kits with a friend. It's easy as pie to set up a postal drop should ya need the heavier items, like an engine swap - havin' a spare wheelset at yer friend's wouldn't be such a bad idea...

Everythin' else you really can get as ya need & remember with a vehicle like this every ounce counts. Obviously ya need emergency rations ofc lol, camping gear & clothes, tools and spares and it all adds up quick. While inconvenience stores aren't the most economical way to get yer foodstuffs, there's grocery stores everywhere - though this may be a trip into the Great Unknown for you, it really is just the next guy's neighborhood and we're all pretty much civilized...

...mostly ;)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Good luck, have fun. I think you will have a pretty good idea what you are up against just getting from Ahia to the east coast, where your trip will begin. Take a GPS with you unless you have an uncanny knack with a compass and luck. Remember when crossing places like Gary Indiana and many others like it, your life will be in peril at best, over at worst.

Try to call ahead to the news stations in the areas you'll be in for support, and maybe the cops and robbers will leave you alone for the most part.

Yes, I am the dream killer.

Last edited: