Skyhawk Gas Tank Frame Failure

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
No pics to show today, but just so everyone is aware that fairly light use of this frame (Skyhawk Arrow 4.5) can snap it. The motor torques to the left, and since it is a solid mount, it cracks a perfectly round circle under the motor mount all the way through the Aluminum. I spent all of yesterday taking off the stoke 2 stroke mount, and making a new mount of Aluminum that gives the engine more room to grab onto the frame in the front, hopefuly preventing another failure. Just so all is aware!

Thanks,
-Zane Smith

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Hahaha yes sorry about your bike runnermike. Just below it, the torque of the motor yanked it into a perfect circle shaped crack. I luckly have solved the problem due to having a welder that can fix the problem.

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
No, it was just the aluminum frame that cracked! Scary that it was not even a weld. However, this was not a bad thing, because it gave me a reason to take the whole thing apart and make a GOOD mount that wouldn't crack the frame or be so out of place that the chain hits the tire (cough cough grubee weld)