GT2-A 4g rear built drive build

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
DIG'N IT! are you going to paint it? if so let me say a polished Metal area in the center of the tank would look cool! then painted every where else.

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
Thanks Gearnut
It is a charge coil from phantom bikes ,The kit includes the headlight and charge coil it is very well made.I was curious if any one has used a rectifier with their kit

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Hey man, looking sweet! Two questions for you:
1. What are you using for the pedal side chainguard? I'm thinking about adding one to my GT2A-S
2. Where did you get the right angle fitting for the fuel line out of the tank? Is that actually an M10x1.0 fitting or did you make a 1/8" NPT work?

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
The chain guard is off a schwinn girls light weight from 70. Thread is 1/8'' pipe the fitting is 1/8'' 90, their is also a 1/8 street 90 that is male pipe to female pipe depending on what you need

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Thanks Gearnut
It is a charge coil from phantom bikes ,The kit includes the headlight and charge coil it is very well made.I was curious if any one has used a rectifier with their kit
Just looked up the cost on that light kit, YOWZA! Have you seen how well the light works at night yet? I'd love to add a powered light to mine but my remaining budget will be calling for a battery based option. Any idea who really makes the coil in the kit?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I too am waiting for someone to share their first hand experience with the PhantomBikes lighting system. Anyone can buy a crazy bright battery powered headlight off of amazon for $30. Is the PhantomBikes system worth the no batteries required feature? I really hope so, I like the idea alot.

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
finally had time to work on the bike painted and polish and assembled motor and have all parts back from powder coat today. should finish the bike this week
IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_9311.jpg

IMG_9429.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If it was designed correctly(and all the buzz says it was) there is no reason this setup can't easily run a full electrical system just like a motorcycle. A dedicated lighting coil like this is the best way to get reliable power.
I remember WAY back in the day, I met a kid who had a very similar setup on a Kohler bb crank gokart engine built by his engineer dad. It had FOUR full size KC offroad lights on the rollbar and that sucker would scorch paint at 10 feet.
It DID sap a noticeable amount of power from the 12(originally)hp engine, but worked like a charm. He had full lights like any car including electric start with a motorcycle battery.
Your system looks very similar, so there's no reason you can't really go whole hog if you choose.
You just need to do some research and design a proper circuit.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Super Kooool build don't know how I missed it. Motor mount plate how thick and how did you drill the holes at a angle ? I am thinking milling machine slitly smaller then the tubes? .........Curt

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
Made moor progress have every thing back from powder coat made mount for front drum break arm. Assembled all fenders and tack welded all nuts.Should come close to finishing tomorrow need to run all cables for breaks , throttle head light and wiring.
IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

Attachments