Um... A little over priced???

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
There's a guy on eBay selling just that bicycle for over $1000. Maybe cuz schwinn only did a limited number of them? I built my first motorized bicycle with that frame and it was okay. Not worth more than the $125 I paid for it though.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Hey,

It's his choice what he wants to ask. Either he'll lower his price, keep it or someone will buy it. Doesn't hurt to ask, especially if it don't cost him anything.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
There's a guy here in Memphis asking $1000 for a Cranbrook with a HT kit.
No upgrades, all stock. $100 bike, $150 kit. Not even installed well
I laughed in his face via email.
Sad part is, some fool will probably talk him down a bit and buy it.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I can't see people getting anymore than there money back, if there lucky.
Unless you run a shop front, people pay that extra only hoping you'll still be there if something goes wrong.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
With our experience the price is too high. But, there are those out there with more money than experience. He'll probably get his asking price, or close to it, from someone with the bucks and desire to own a motorized bicycle and not have to build it himself.
I say good luck to him, but I'd never pay that for it.

Tom

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Yeah it definitely doesn't taste minty haha
If that was a rare frame and he bought all the parts separate sort of like what I did I never counted it up I kinda don't want to but I'm somewhere 1500$ maybe even more..
then I could of sorta see why he's asking so much.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I know it's his bike, and he can ask whatever he wants. I also know that some fool with go there, and tell him "NOT A PENNY OVER 875$$$".

I just pitty that fool, lol...

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
He may need the money if the frame cracks and the rider gets hurt. The family's first call will be to the seller and the second call will be to the law firm of Dewey, Skruem and Howe who will then leap into action, see this forum and tack the seller upside down to the barn door by their tender parts.

When that nightmare is over he will be a wiser builder and seller.

Steve.