Idle issue

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I have a 48cc grubee and a nt speed carb. Once warm up I can squeeze the clutch and engine climbs in idle for a short time then comes back down and idles good then. I'm wondering why it climbs, any suggestion?

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
if it aint broke dont fix it.

Your letting some load off the engine by engaging the clutch. say your cruising at a very low speed with steady low throttle and pull in the clutch, the engine will rev up with the same amount of throttle. Roughly the same concept.

Sorry to change the subject but i see you have a centrifugal clutch. How do you like it?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I don't think the carb-angle is the problem, although you should try to get it more level. Sounds like an air-leak. Search above for troubleshooting tips.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Centrifugal clutch has worked wonders for me. I had it on about a year in a half. I have about 1000 miles on it been thru 2 bikes. I also found the problem on the running of engine Idle. Thanks guys

P.s I went to tractor supply and bought some allen head bolts and replaced the intake studs and acorn nuts. Much better now. I just put them on before I took the picture above but had to get gas for it so I took the picture.

Last edited: