*vid* Inside a MOTOVELO bike engine (what makes them the best)

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
well i'm glad you've gone and put in the effort to try and back your claims, are they true? no idea, but at least it's not just statements with out any type of proof to back it up (as were some of your previous posts in this section).

also glad to see in your new promo video that you're wearing a helmet, which is another thing we jumped on you for here(or at least 1 of you were).

good luck with your business :)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that looks the same as all the newer engines on the market today. you claim a steel lined cylinder. i'd like to see proof of that, as none of the chinese two strokes have one. it's cheap chrome over aluminum.

also, the only engines currently imported (besides old stock) are the grubee skyhawk family, and unless you're changing bearings and whatever else, they're the same engines you'll get from any other manufacturer.

all dealers should show some integrity and accuracy with their claims.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
that looks the same as all the newer engines on the market today. you claim a steel lined cylinder. i'd like to see proof of that, as none of the chinese two strokes have one. it's cheap chrome over aluminum.

also, the only engines currently imported (besides old stock) are the grubee skyhawk family, and unless you're changing bearings and whatever else, they're the same engines you'll get from any other manufacturer.

all dealers should show some integrity and accuracy with their claims.
Oh you're an importer now?

YOU MUST HAVE MISSED THE POINT. WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN.

I'm clearly showing what MOTOVELO engines feature.

Here's some more features. I've always made videos for my customers.

Pretty simple.

‪Everything that is included in a MOTOVELO.US bicycle engine kit!‬‏ - YouTube

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
ive got to call shenanigans on this,your header "inside a MOTOVELO bike engine (what makes them the best) is such a misleading claim. the fact of the matter is you kits are NOT the best,they are NORMAL,and for the premium price you expect people to pay you've obviously come to the wrong forum.

there are people here that have been deep into these engines obviously longer than you,and if i could of hi jacked a truck load of engines going to boy go fast or lucky early bird that sell for $120 to $140 then i would jack the price of em up too by making claims like " im the only guy who sells these kits to residents of California" your marketing strategy is a scam and anyone with knowledge of 2 cycle engines will call you on this every time,you prey on the weak and suckers thinking they got a deal cause they cant find a shipper to CA.

bottom line,your kits are not the best,i can pick that same NORMAL 2 cycle kit off ebay with shipping to CA for 130 with free shipping. if not,theres heliobikes.com for 169.but if im gonna pay that price why not go with a 2011 grubee gt5 kit for only 10 bucks more... and remind me again what i get for your over inflated prices???

maybe you got a bad deal on a wholesale price and this is what your trying to do to clear your overhead and i apologize for that,business is tough like that but really,your prices are nuts for a simple 2 cycle kit. your not the only dog and pony show in town.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
The thread title is "Inside a Motovelo Engine", when in fact, it's "Inside a BOX that everyone has already seen dozens of times".

Catalytic exhaust, ragjoint, NT carb, 415 chain. Whoopdedoo. Nothing here proves that your motors are worth any more than anybody elses.

How about you get elbow deep in that engine on video and show us what you've got going on "Inside a MOTOVELO bike engine" and PROVE (what makes them best).

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i thought your point was to sell an engine that you claim is the best.

i've watched both videos. the first one with the cut-away engine shows a stock cut-away engine.

the second video shows you opening an older kit and showing all the parts anyone can get from anyone else. (i do like the fact that you have the NT carbs still, though.)

NOWHERE do i see any "Motovelo" parts that are unique to the engine, which your wording ("Inside a MOTOVELO engine...") implies.

there is also NO proof to substantiate your claim of "what makes them the best."

i never claimed to be an importer. but i know that the only legal importer into the US at this time is Nationwide Access LLC (gasbike) and you definitely aren't the only retailer that sells in California.

the only "point" i get from your videos and your posts, is that you're selling a stock motor, calling it a Motovelo, inflating the price, and shipping illegally in california.

now, the other 3 things i don't care about. for all i care, you can sell a stock motor to the chairman of the CARB for 10 times the price and smuggle it to him inside a heroin-filled coffin, but if you're claiming your engines are "the best" then you need to show WHY they're the best, and what you've done to them to make them that way.

otherwise, it's just false advertising.

THAT's the point...

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
ive got to call shenanigans on this,your header "inside a MOTOVELO bike engine (what makes them the best) is such a misleading claim. the fact of the matter is you kits are NOT the best,they are NORMAL,and for the premium price you expect people to pay you've obviously come to the wrong forum.

there are people here that have been deep into these engines obviously longer than you,and if i could of hi jacked a truck load of engines going to boy go fast or lucky early bird that sell for $120 to $140 then i would jack the price of em up too by making claims like " im the only guy who sells these kits to residents of California" your marketing strategy is a scam and anyone with knowledge of 2 cycle engines will call you on this every time,you prey on the weak and suckers thinking they got a deal cause they cant find a shipper to CA.

bottom line,your kits are not the best,i can pick that same NORMAL 2 cycle kit off ebay with shipping to CA for 130 with free shipping. if not,theres heliobikes.com for 169.but if im gonna pay that price why not go with a 2011 grubee gt5 kit for only 10 bucks more... and remind me again what i get for your over inflated prices???

maybe you got a bad deal on a wholesale price and this is what your trying to do to clear your overhead and i apologize for that,business is tough like that but really,your prices are nuts for a simple 2 cycle kit. your not the only dog and pony show in town.
If they are all the same, what makes a gt5 better than??
Tell me now what is the BEST engine kit available??
You guys contradict yourselves ALL THE TIME. it's disgusting.
If you don't like my product DONT BUY IT. But seriously how lame can you guys get? Whining like little girls. Grow up and quit derailing my threads.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
i thought your point was to sell an engine that you claim is the best.

i've watched both videos. the first one with the cut-away engine shows a stock cut-away engine.

the second video shows you opening an older kit and showing all the parts anyone can get from anyone else. (i do like the fact that you have the NT carbs still, though.)

NOWHERE do i see any "Motovelo" parts that are unique to the engine, which your wording ("Inside a MOTOVELO engine...") implies.

there is also NO proof to substantiate your claim of "what makes them the best."

i never claimed to be an importer. but i know that the only legal importer into the US at this time is Nationwide Access LLC (gasbike) and you definitely aren't the only retailer that sells in California.

the only "point" i get from your videos and your posts, is that you're selling a stock motor, calling it a Motovelo, inflating the price, and shipping illegally in california.

now, the other 3 things i don't care about. for all i care, you can sell a stock motor to the chairman of the CARB for 10 times the price and smuggle it to him inside a heroin-filled coffin, but if you're claiming your engines are "the best" then you need to show WHY they're the best, and what you've done to them to make them that way.

otherwise, it's just false advertising.

THAT's the point...
Listen dude, I havent seen any other company go to lengths to showcase the product the way Motovelo does. I stand by the engines with customer service you can CALL any time. If customers have an issue, it gets resolved asap.

You CANNOT get these parts from anyone else, since other companies do not ship in CA. Your accusations of illegally selling are disgraceful. We are 100% allowed to sell our engines.
The reason they are the best is because they are constantly beating the other brands in speed and power.

You act like you know alot, but in reality you are just talking nonsense. The only legal importer is gasbike?? They REFER CUSTOMERS TO ME BECAUSE THEY ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IMPORTING!! I'm so sick of pompous, self righteous fools. False advertising my butt. Our website is chock full of the best motorized bike videos you'll find in the net.. We're always trying to up the ante too.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Still haven't said why your motors are the best...lots of mediocre vids don't make good motors.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but give us something to go on. Tell us the parts that have been added/modified to make MOTOVELO the best.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Now, I spoke with someone from Motovelo on the phone and was told "We actually don't do any work on these motors..." when I called looking for an engine seal a while back - I would love to hear what you DO do to them.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Now, I spoke with someone from Motovelo on the phone and was told "We actually don't do any work on these motors..." when I called looking for an engine seal a while back - I would love to hear what you DO do to them.
BS. I personally modify everything I touch. I've built race cars, motorcycles, done engine swaps, build one off bikes, welding , fabrication etc.

We have ported and polished kits for sale, where the intake and muffler are ported, gasket matched, muffler modified etc..

Aside from that, we sell the best stock motors available. Im my personal experience from testing out all the different brands over the years I've found a certain type to work the best. By best I mean FASTEST, and most reliable. That's what we sell.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Still haven't said why your motors are the best...lots of mediocre vids don't make good motors.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but give us something to go on. Tell us the parts that have been added/modified to make MOTOVELO the best.
Mediocre vids?

Show me better ones.

‪Too much fun on Motorbikes (www.motovelo.us)‬‏ - YouTube
‪www.Motovelo.US - Extreme performance bicycle engine kits! CA approved! $250 shipped!‬‏ - YouTube
‪motovelo motorized california legal motorbike moped motorized bicycle‬‏ - YouTube

That's not much editing work for me. I do some of the most complicated graphics jobs possible, but like a more direct approach to showing our products. For reference, see my reel here:

The Show reel of digital artist Aydin Ozan on Vimeo

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
whatever. it's obvious that everyone else here that's posted agrees with me. we're just asking you to back up your claims. instead, you get defensive. you haven't answered a single question posted to you on this thread, just accused others of bad-mouthing you.

anyone can post a video of a guy opening a box. the reason no one else does, is because opening a box just isn't that exciting to watch.

as far as "talking nonsense," i've been building some of (if not thee) fastest china 2 strokes on the planet. not just bolting on widely available parts, but re-working them from the inside out. any claims i make are backed up by proof, not by insulting the people who disbelieve.

honestly, i think it's great that you guys offer shipping in california. not many others do it. i never said they were illegal to sell, but they are illegal to import into this state. it's a grey area with confusing laws, but there has been out-of-state (and out-of-country) dealers who've been busted for it. but i can name off at least 5 dealers in california where you can get a motor from. 4 of them advertise on this site. as far as shipping goes, depends on the dealer. but all of them are cheaper than yours, and none of them have unsubstantiated claims as to their motors are better than any others on the market.

if you wanna sell motors, that's fine. if you wanna pretend yours are better than everyone else's, that's fine, too. but when you claim they're better without offering buyers any shred of proof, that's flat out lying to the customer. and to keep trying to defend yourself by insulting others, that's just poor character, and definitely doesn't help out your image.

and, on a personal note, someone who bought a complete bike from you (one you've pictured in an ebay ad) brought it to me to make it work like it was intended to. when i got it you couldn't go over 20mph without your hands vibrating off the grips. when it left here, it was a solid 35mph+ bike. and still stock, just properly tuned (and with a new front motor mount.)

if you wanna take your claims to the track, i'll be at the next SoCal race. i'll be easy to spot. i'll be the guy way in front of you...

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
BS. I personally modify everything I touch. I've built race cars, motorcycles, done engine swaps, build one off bikes, welding , fabrication etc.

We have ported and polished kits for sale, where the intake and muffler are ported, gasket matched, muffler modified etc..

Aside from that, we sell the best stock motors available. Im my personal experience from testing out all the different brands over the years I've found a certain type to work the best. By best I mean FASTEST, and most reliable. That's what we sell.
Now you're calling me a liar? Way to go with the customer service.

I want to see a video that shows your shop where you perform all this alleged "work". Lets see a video of the ported cylinder, modified intake and exhaust and whatever "ETC" means.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
lets break this down by the numbers,first off your trying to sell 2 cycle engine kits on the largest bicycle forum that has members that have broken down and reassembled their own 2 cycle engines,these same people can close their eyes and see all the parts in their heads cause they have that much experience and knowledge on what different kits thru out the years have on them or in them.
so now knowing that fact is like insulting people who have dedicated their time on this forum to manufacture aftermarket parts,fixes,or upgrades to these engine kits and saying you've got the "best" and showing off parts that are now standard in ANY basic engine kit internally or in the box itself.

next is your claim that your the only one who ships in CA so that makes people feel like they have to do business with you therefore justifying the extreme price range. the fact is YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SHIP IN CALIFORNIA. and anyone who can use goolge or takes the time to search will find this out.

where were you when you built your first MB? didn't you want to buy from a vendor that offered a good deal and not some one who was gonna rip you off? there are people here that are just getting into to MB's and have no idea that your trying to take them for a ride,but us experienced guys know what your up to. so just be a little more honest and stop selling hype to make a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.