Roadmaster Mountain $75 & Walmart?

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
That's pretty cool have not seen that carb before! Musta ran pretty good then? Thanks for sharing that pict . Wounder now where one can find that carb? Still though I also question if it over heated much and boiled over on a hot July day?
I only ran that carb on 49cc but I imagine operating temps are about the same as a 66cc with no troubles, and thats here with Az summer temps well over 110 degrees. I'm sure I'll have a use for it again sometime!- maybe another Mt Fury Roadmaster?

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX
Dude I started with a 24" roadmaster from wally world I ran that thing for over two years and it still ran great when I sold it for $200.00. yeah the angleed head would have been great. I just went with a shorter plug, and tilted the carb alittle to the side and she ran like crazy.
Sometimes I am amazed at small things. Maybe I just had a bad one, about 5 or 6 years ago I had a Brand new Roadmaster mountain bike from the wally world. About a week into owning it ( after already breaking the peddles and replacing them and a few flat tires ) the crank just exploded while trying to just peddle it up a hill and you guys manage to keep them together with engines on them?? Maybe I got a lemon?

Just in case you are wondering, I left that bike in the ditch that day because when the crank blew apart my shin banged into one of the peddles, I hopped off the bike and looked at the bottom of the frame completely blown out like a fragment grenade and tossed the thing over the guardrail.

I went back t wally got a Mongoose remembering them being good bikes from when I was a kid and also tossed that bike into a ditch in about the same amount of time when the rear hub assembly came apart on my way home from work one day.

Last edited:

dissident75

Nov 23, 2010
Houston TX
I just finished building that same bike. Used a 66cc slant head engine from boy go fast and the thing runs like a top. I haven't had any issues with it and I'm putting serious miles on it. Minimum of 20 a day. 16 for my commute and at least five for fun. I had a minor issue with getting the aircleaner to fit and the carb is at a slight angle since I didn't order an offset intake for it yet but it runs great and I'm having a blast with it.

I've ridden it for about 6 months as a regular bike and had no issues with it at all. For the money it can't be beat in my opinion. I may build another one to sell since I get comments about it constantly and a lot of interest.

Last edited by a moderator: