CDI SPICE Simulation File

GoldenMotor.com

whipaway

Mar 15, 2013
NY
CDI SPICE Simulation File, simulated on MicroCap 10.

SOF
zR4LX7kWLDvMKK_3gz3nx9Onun_sJtwcfvGo2g37uUAr7IFq MoL8mkv6xsj2raGw0myl7Jg6Q71terjueW8tTD7dkpEDyzyWwQc9NAL2UDEK UqD8eXMl3h5qddtpEFu1uqIB0m7u2H7DjpFOG1RUXumq.DQmGyOtpaaxaKsa isMp0svG9dJUTnP0SNuYJL9HhXnYubF6u7F.aYx.0jkFQS4GqAY5GzGsV4SN _7KN1Ok_z_POY5sNIhwiq720p5OmVlfWKBkYwNZnyn_RWrHnV7IMlS9ypg0e zrTcbO.eOP3rAzU_DED6nYSmZdXQvufDLsQXIh3y2zqjwtmzpaqQtwHRPm0J m2Jy2y_ujP05JLNXYFia0aZTbWpC9L7NI8xoQu8cr1CC4givdOCLx.GNe9qi dLArhmVPhB7XcDaIrswq7phqHPdDGhe63nx0tJtPhvNp9KQweu1jSQjlVfbv BcrTPJbrPrG7JxO_RwssFFY7A.AUW8KtGaIxiSv8yLABasB5cA3KGSFn0E3D GluicWMPc5yw99di4RYSxp0oFJSXh_4wFxl4KiXpRECpSCWcOIZf5YQWktvA NOCyCIO7KwuKqe3ovh9nZaxVUOtWD0knZYKPheVsUSzC6M8ncTVymGOwqSrw eT5XRTjBWZ8J20Qe.c5ESyPT3pDRiLzbYFHlHhrOut7ciy26RIrE131tjSix nWUyKvMkDd2CyPfkwizU0x5fvWZ1fTqulx4bbwlGHl0htlMTAEtp6ZHjd_ug 4cCbpBBc7oWX0aIPrKpC4MhuceZKOyWmWuF5RP74YcETKQex9LIEZOgYE3Pd KbI4ob1sqCR2kXXiEkP5uWQ2mzrrQ9kcgxbNiBkYWxAK20zp.YgvqTu7b.Bq rlbHFT7ya.obD8V2b_jeU6vz6l8ME3Ze0DUAtUVBpvZkp3jnK1xRDwhepZu3
zcZeWau.CwfsPls6zRscZRxxu4LE1qVBjX0rTzVu5MsGNQ8tzSi9FrwnKBsU .AJLGEB9oAK5IuKsriNM.1Vby0Z6mMWbeTsT2_yEem03AhGZFejVixfzM__b 4dhJO53bc1fNJ1QMMwqb8b7aSvE6Hzo91el73Naok4wJk3MpiH0mF89LZI5o XCk_NOWQLBnuQcoAndNSYcX8Yli.7BcLkiC4FwGkf3HyEnhuzxJDO3pUNp4d BfNJmQEw3imDpKmwTCtj44N4qkziB_KkdrzDSVYy2JzHTAqMONxKPenW9cSy esmjqEsZfVyjFZhsshxLYUG4qIGCSf_F_icvdIAg9wQ-
EOF

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Well I'm glad someone is aroused by it,,,,, I lost my phatt when I saw it.
Could someone please, in plain english, explain to someone who is totally computer illiterate (digitally challenged), exactly wot this simulation file shows. Cheers

whipaway

Mar 15, 2013
NY
CDI SPice file for MicroCap 10 is attached as a zip file. All you need is MIcroCap to simulate the operation of any electronic circuit, in this case, a CDI.
(MicroCap verison 10 can be easily found and downloaded by those in the know.)

Attachments

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
hi ! people

is there anybody else in here, intrested of this Microcap program to Learn ?

what are opinions for which would be easyer to learn Eagle or MicroCap ? no matter about differences.

ill just ask that as is and i wont explain in details what ive done learned past years personally, to keep it short.

if any1 experiences Library error or other with MicroCap, and willing to share what was wrong, PM me...

bye:)
m

whipaway

Mar 15, 2013
NY
Eagle is more for PCB design and creation.
Microcap is for circuit simulation. Ignore library errors the first time you receive the message and it will create its own paths to the libraries, or else you can set them yourself within the program.

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
hi !

thx for reply.

ive stopped trying after 5 times of getting Library error for Path, as i wasnt able to Simulate that cdi file or any Programs own ANIM3.cir files

i read owners manual before and after.

i checked library addy path and that NOM_LIB exists inside the library.

something very basic i have now missed, or do i just contiune trying....

MicroCap from this topic is my 1st try and introduction into it.

Eagle i have from past, that is waiting for me to learn, more. and more of basics....

bye:)
m

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
hi !

any1 care to share idea what is the problem ? as ive explained above.

here are couple photos showing library error.

i have tryed using the program (as extracted into and running from) from C.Program files folder. and also from C:desktop (naturally separately, each try at a time)

i have also tryed from both locations with the programs basic version and with Updates.

all the time same library error is notifyed, and i cannot simulate any files..

to the album link, three 1st photos on top :
http://s721.photobucket.com/user/Cagiva4ever/library/?view=recent&page=1

if the links dont work, they are at my photobucket dot com web site album with-under my nickname same as i use here at motorized bicycle forum.

above 3 photos are from trying to run the program from C:desktop and with program updates. still the same errors i get on other tryes from Programs files folder test running..

Microcap error message is for missing "NOM_LIB" file from library/library path. but the exact file does exist in side the library folder. that is why i dont yet understand the problem.

can any1 say by looking those sample photos if the library path is somehow wrong ?

or any other idea ?

Last edited:

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
above problem is fixed now. there was tiny missing part on file path name addy.

next problem is now when i try run Transient analysis with cdi file provided in this Topic.

error notifications:
-missing parameter. Attribute: Value: Part K1
-missing expression part. C1

K1 on above is Secondary coil, being the Ht-coil
and C1 is CDi's capasitor (C1 as in any cdi schematic in generally speaking)

i would assume that those items are missing from program as component definitions or summink like that...

Any1 have and idea how to solve. ill try Googling later....

whipaway

Mar 15, 2013
NY
Using Win XP SP3, perhaps you are on a different OS?
MicroCap 11 is out, maybe yours autoupdated itself to ver 11 , and now it does not work due to compatibliity issues with the original file that was created way back in ver 9?

Ii will take a look at the files, and maybe do some updates to make it more universally compatible.

It is hard to simulate a specific ignition coil, because there are so many out there, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc., the simulation is set up with a generic, universal coil, maybe it needs to be configured for a specific coil, and have several files available, each simulating a different brand and model of ignition coil.

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
hi !

ive tested so far with 2 different PC's. both have WinXp and Sp3 updates.

1 of them is Genuine WinXp and other maybe pirate.

from start, same errors and problems on both PC's.

as i said earlyer i have tryed without Update to Microcap. and with UpDate to MicroCap. no matter what Program versions,same problems on both PC's, what ever i try.

im using Version Microcap 10.0.9.2 full
that is my starting point for the Software. its only1 i found......

Sir, if you have earlyer version 9 to get by in a way you wrote in topic's beginning..... id gladly take the Link to it by forum PM or e-mail.

This in case that my problem is in the Software Version...that im using for Starting point, and by then missing something from Software content....that isnt included above after Ver9.

whipaway

Mar 15, 2013
NY
MicroCap 9 is available in the same place that 10 can come from.
If you search for 'microcap' you should see both versions there.
Note that version 9 uses a complicated HASP technique to make it work.