Transmission Questions

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
hi friends. i was going to check for the clutch of my bike, which i bought just a couple days ago and its falling apart. exhaust broke, brake broke and the clutch sounds very unhealthy now - at least i thought it was the clutch.

here is what happened. the first 2 days i would start the engine and could ride it without using the clutch at all, unless i didnt wanted to use the engine. i didnt needed the clutch to start riving from standing position. now i hear mechanic sounds and when the clutch gets grip, it seems like its in a higher gear, even though i only have one.

so i was looking into the forum first and found this threat, but unfortunately my transmission looks completely different and im hopeing somebody can ive me more info or another guide for what i got.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=222

this is what i got:

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
it would help a lot if you told us what you have. is it a two stroke kit or a 4 stroke kit. is it a centrifugal clutch or is it manual. saying you think you have a problem with your clutch does not enable us to help you without knowing what engine you have and what type of clutch you have.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think something just needs adjusted. sometimes the clutch pads wear a bit shortly after installing the kit, and the clutch needs to be tightened. if you have a handlebar lever for your clutch, then its manual. the manual clutches should be adjusted before they should be completely dismantled. and the procedure is generally the same for all the two stroke engines.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
i think the kit is old already. the thing is that when the engine is cold, it sounds very unhealthy and metallic when i stop/start with the clutch from standing and later on its better sound wise. when i got the bike last week i didnt needed to use the handlebar lever to start driving from standing and the rmp was in normal idle ranges. now the rpm is about 2.000 and i have the clutch half way pulled so the rpm goes down and i can start.