V-brake added to rear....

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just added a v-brake to the rear on my cruiser using an adaptor from Dan's Comp. I also added a v-brake to the front a few weeks back to see how well they worked. They work great so far and are very easy to install.

dnut

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
a properly ajusted v berake is the best rim brake on the market i cant beleive i ever used crappy cntilever brakes

when ever i look at a one of the firsdt things i lookd ofr is the v brake if its got those its a step up even if its a crappy next it can still stop better than the best cantilever brakes

i would never biuld a motor bike with out v brakes well unless it had disk brakes whtch are the best again when properly adjusted what did u have before a coaster brake

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
a properly ajusted v berake is the best rim brake on the market i cant beleive i ever used crappy cntilever brakes

when ever i look at a one of the firsdt things i lookd ofr is the v brake if its got those its a step up even if its a crappy next it can still stop better than the best cantilever brakes

i would never biuld a motor bike with out v brakes well unless it had disk brakes whtch are the best again when properly adjusted what did u have before a coaster brake
I just had a band brake on the HD wheel on the rear. Now I've got front and rear V's plus the band brake on the rear....plenty of stopping power.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Just added a v-brake to the rear on my cruiser using an adaptor from Dan's Comp. I also added a v-brake to the front a few weeks back to see how well they worked. They work great so far and are very easy to install.

dnut
Hi Scotto,

Thanks for sharing.
I have a Huffy Cranbrook,
and have used front cantelever brakes now, and want to switch.
What would you recommended?
Is there a good, better best from Dans Comp?
What would it cost, just a ballpark figure?

Thanks again! :)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hi Scotto,

Thanks for sharing.
I have a Huffy Cranbrook,
and have used front cantelever brakes now, and want to switch.
What would you recommended?
Is there a good, better best from Dans Comp?
What would it cost, just a ballpark figure?

Thanks again! :)
No prob worksmanFL.
The adaptor plate is $24.99 They have 4 different V-brakes too choose from that range from $9.99 to $21.99 and also high dollar V's from $85 to $100.

I just got the adaptor and $10 brakes for $35 front and $35 rear. $70 for total peace of mind.

Cheers!

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
and the best part about haveing those adapter plates is you can transfer them to another build if you got a certain body style you like but dont feel comfortable with the brakes

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Scotto - Thanks for your reply post.

Goat Herder - Thanks for reintroducing me to the thread you linked in the previous post.

Really helpful. Thanks again guys! :)