New S T R E T C H....Micargi Mustang GTS

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
I had to retire the red frame. It developed a hairline crack after about 1100 miles. I may be able to fix it. I transferred all the parts onto a chrome frame and added a chrome tank.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Bitchen' Nice.

Talk to us about the airccleaner connection.......what's the deal..............?
The connection into the air cleaner is Nitrous. I connected the air cleaner by mounting 2 large (same circumfrance as carb) washers onto the carb and then mounted the rubber fitting from air cleaner over them. Tightened down with existing clamp.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
The connection into the air cleaner is Nitrous. I connected the air cleaner by mounting 2 large (same circumfrance as carb) washers onto the carb and then mounted the rubber fitting from air cleaner over them. Tightened down with existing clamp.
Interesting that you've nitro'd the chengine - what performance increases have you noticed and how have you solved the lean-out problem ?

I love the frame, do you know if there is a UK supplier for it?

Jemma xx

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
These mounts were made from a Simpson construction tie and a chain tensioner bracket, I cut the lagre part of the tensioner to match the small part. The width worked out to go around the large tubes. I used rubber fuel line to cover the bolts bewtween the sections.[/IMG]"]
[/URL]

Last edited:

NebraskaNutz

Jul 3, 2008
Very cool... I was going to buy a frame like that from Revolution Cycles and build one up... but stayed with my full-suspension MTB. Now I know what it would have looked like .... COOOOL !(^)

tylden

Jul 2, 2008
Just curious, where did the old frame crack ? Do you think this was the result of a bad weld or was it due to stressing the frame by mounting the motor on it (vibration etc) ? I'm curious to see if the new frame holds up. These stretched cruisers are indeed a sight to behold and I'd love to build one.....I just can't help but wonder if beefing up the frame a bit might be in order ? Your thoughts please ??

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Just curious, where did the old frame crack ? Do you think this was the result of a bad weld or was it due to stressing the frame by mounting the motor on it (vibration etc) ? I'm curious to see if the new frame holds up. These stretched cruisers are indeed a sight to behold and I'd love to build one.....I just can't help but wonder if beefing up the frame a bit might be in order ? Your thoughts please ??
This is a heavy bike!! So my thoughts are that the gauge of metal used to construct it is sufficient. I had over a 1000 miles on the red frame and when I say crack in it....it is as though the weld just came apart. I can clearly see that the weld did not penetrate the two pieces bieng welded. I will keep you posted on this frame.

tylden

Jul 2, 2008
Thanks...I sure hope this one holds up for you. Absolutely stunning bike by the way, BOTH of them ! All I can say is WOW! They look extremely comfortable too....well, at least until you have to pedal up a hill without power LOL. Thank God for these little motors !

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
(c):ride2:You can also buy the GTS at Chubby's Cruisers in Cal. I have 2 of them in blue for sale with Robin/Subaru 4 stroke 33.5 cc friction drive kits. 30 mph & around 200 mpg! I bought these bikes new in July 2007. Indoors kept[except for riding] And in excellent cond. I will sell 1 for $675.00 954-985-4239 or 305-778-9539

Attachments

jsmithy

Sep 15, 2008
What is it like to ride this bike? Do you lean over when riding or sit fairly straight up? Is it comfortable for a long cruise, say 15 miles?

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
These bikes ride very comfortable for long rides. We ride these stretch cruisers for hours at a time! And your not hunched forward but your kinda leaned back. I prefer the semi ape hanger bars, they really make you feel laid back on your ride. The Micargi's your replying about have been sold for a while now, but there are many moto bikes out there you can find to ride! If I can post, here's a pic of my latest ride, a Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy. On this pic, I have'nt installed the apehangers but they make all the difference in the world!

Attachments