New Member with Whizzer issues

GoldenMotor.com

azmojoman

Dec 27, 2009
Arizona
and I am not talking about the need to sprint to the bathroom...

I bought a Whizzer on eBay a while ago, rode it only a few miles and then somehow managed to screw up the carburetion.

This forum looks hopeful as a source of good info, so here I am - a newmember in Fountain Hills, AZ.

Carb seems to be running over-rich and won't hold an idle. It is probably something fairly easy to fix, since it was running OK before I decided to try to "improve" things.

If any of you can point me to some basic info on Whizzer carb adjustment/tune-ups, I would appreciate it very much.

My Whizzer is a Model WS24, model year 2000.

I look forward to participating in the forum.

if this is a double post i apologize in advance

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Welcome to the forum! What part of AZ do you hail from? There are several Whizzer owners here so one of them should be along eventually. Good luck!

azmojoman

Dec 27, 2009
Arizona
Umm, what did you do to improve it? Give us some clues. And WELCOME to Motorbicycling!
Thanks Professor. It has been a while, but my first mistake was partial disassembly of the carb and adjustment of the throttle cable. I've also got the adjustment screws on the carb in who-knows-what position compared to optimal.

It will start but won't run smoothly as before I started messing with it. I've had it parked fo a year so it is hard to remamber exactly what I did to mess it up!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
welcome from another member who lives in FH :)
there are a few resident whizzer gurus here
motorbikemike, quenton guenther, and helmutt cycles come to mind