Will trade nuts for rag joint

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I would like to trade (9) 6mm X 1.0 lock nuts for the (9) OEM rag joint nuts. I will send the lock nuts, you swap them out and send me your OEM nuts.
Thank you
Ron

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I want the wide nuts that are supplied with the OEM rag joint. The nuts that are sold at both Home Depot, Lowe's and my hardware supplier are not as thick. The wider the nut the easier it is to braze for my roller bracket I make and sell.

i have a feeling there is some method to his madness...i am curious though.
You sir, are 100% correct. I installed the lock nuts on mine, and have run out of my preferred nut, although the thinner nuts that I can buy will work.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
why dont you just run to home depot or lowe's or any hardware store and get them? the nuts on my rag joint are from home depot and they fit just fine. i put red loctite on them and they stay put. had this wheel for two and a half years now.
I hope you never have to remove those...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah, I think the rubber would tend to smoke when trying to remove the nuts. :)

I have used sleeve retainer on some things that I don't ever want to remove.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i would trade you for mine,but postage to canada may make it too expensive.i dont remember my nuts being that thick.i put them on barely a month ago.my next kit
(if my wife ever decides to let me motorize her bike) will have them then you can have all 18.postage would be worthwhile then.
good luck with what you seek,im sure a few will step up to the plate.
i use the medium strength (blue) for most of my fasteners.
green lock and wick works nice for really small screws,a drop at the edge of the screw head glues the screw in place.you will see that on circuit boards.touch it with a hot soldering iron and its soft enough to loosen.

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
The normal nut that I buy from my fastener supplier works OK, I like a "nut" because I can sit the flat edge on the angle iron flat, and braze it. It's just easier to work with the wider nut that comes in these kits. Thanks for the idea tho.