Chain size for 70cc Chinese

GoldenMotor.com

frenchman159

Apr 19, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for all your help, love reading the great tips and tricks !! I was hoping somebody could tell me the exact size of the chain on my 70cc ?? Moved the engine onto another bike and you guessed it- too short!!-. No markings can be seen anywhere. Thank you in advance......

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it is a 415 however a #41 will work great with a motorized bicycle which you can get enough for 2 chains from most any farm supply store for around $13.00

frenchman159

Apr 19, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Funny you mentioned that, I found some 41 in the shed and seems to fit just fine. The only thing is that its a little wider than the original. I imagine it may slide back and forth on the sprockets making a small groove on the engine case over time. I'm I correct to think this ? Or do they make a narrow 41 ?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If your chain run is straight it should stay pretty much in the middle and not cause any problems with the cases.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
actually no for i checked mine. i think the wider gap is an advantage for it is next to imposible to mount the rear sprocket on your spokes and have it perfect so thier is a little wabble and the chain is able to stay straight with the little play that is now allowed. i got a lot of miles on that 411 chain and have checked every thing. i keep hearing of others having thier 415 chain brake including mine so they are not to good. the advantages of the 411 chain is the extra gap, a heck of a lot cheaper, i think it is made of a better grade of steel so stronger, its readly available along with the parts for them. the 411 chain is a perfect match for the motorized bicycle in my opinion

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
i think the wider gap is an advantage for it is next to imposible to mount the rear sprocket on your spokes and have it perfect so thier is a little wabble and the chain is able to stay straight with the little play that is now allowed.

That makes perfect sense.