5150-Straight jacket sold separately

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
It is geared for 27 or so at 8000rpm. I'm still waiting on some clamps in the mail. Looks like I will be going to tractor supply.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
My wife is awesome and got the clamps from lowes,even though she hates going there. So now the tank is mounted,fuel filter and a pic of the unmodified clamps that slid right onto the tank bolts. Need another tank though..... I've never actually held these clamps in my hand. I just looked at the bare top tubes and what I needed just leaked out my ear.

lafflafflaff

Attachments

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Awesome minibike dgizzle, I remember we talked about those Apse 12.5" wheels before, glad they look rad on your new build! I' m still loving mine on my motytard, gotta rotate the tires soon, all my shenanegans made the rear tire pretty bald! lol

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Thanks you guys,I was wondering were yall got off too.

And yeah the wheels do look great on it. Its been close fitting all of it together but I will be test riding as soon as it clears up outside.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
So I got tired of waiting on mother nature and today I kicked it to the gas station. Rolled real smooth. Put in 25 cents worth and a cap of gumout. 4 pulls and a choke adjustment later and I was running! Rode it for about a mile before my fingers froze. Still need to get a cellphone mount so I can get some accurate mph but it sure felt like 25mph or so. I'm gonna ride it a little bit more then it will be time to tear it down and paint.

I want to give thanks to all that have chimed in. Without you guys and girls I probably wouldn't have finished this.

Lowracer gets major points simply because he can bolt anything together. Thanks for the inspiration.

Now,time to ride.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
d gizzle...
LOL..Thanks for the props.
I'm still looking into buying a cheap stick welder (maybe santa claus will bring me one).
I recently bought an angle grinder and have been having more fun than an adult should.
I dont think I'd ever go to work or leave the house if I end up getting a welder...except maybe to go out scrounging for donor bikes...lol
Building these bikes and scooters for me is kinda like playing with an adult erector set.
Hey d gizz, did you see the Currie scooter I just scored on CL? (I posted a pic on my Beast thread)
-Merry Christmas-
Lowracer

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
If you by a welder bight the bullet and get a mig with gas. Take it form a old fart that been there and done that. Had a stick and then bought a mig and then bought the gas kit. Save a lot of time and money and get it to start with ..........Curt

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Low,I just did and now I'm extremely jealous! That's my price range but its always further than I'm willing to walk. Now that I got mine running.......and I have a scwhinn bike trailer.......

Seriously though,I need to move to your region. Just not that many people here willing to sell that cheap. Then again,I haven't really been looking for one the last couple of months. Probably the best time to scoop one up too.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Something I forgot earlier-this motor has not been ran in over a year and a half. And iit sat on a shelf that whole time. And (oops) I didn't clean out the gas before it went into 'storage'. And I most definetly did not clean it out before I started it up today. Is that a testament to Gumout? Because I put at least a cap in every time I pull up to the pump. Just wondering,I don't really know much about carbs.

Except that they're supposed to be bad for you.

Last edited:

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
d gizz,
I'm visiting family in Maryland for the holidays & just for sits and gizzles I went onto the local CL here under 'free'. Low & behold a free electric scooter for the taking, but I have nowhere to put it so I had to pass. Check your local CL because when these electric scooter SLA batteries die (and they all do), people just want them hauled out of their garages. Ever try picking one of these up with full battery compliment and electric motor (anchor)? How do you spell hernia?...lol
Not sure how I'm going to motorize it yet? Rear suspension movement would require the engine to be mounted to the swingarm/axle area...Maybe chain, maybe friction.
-Low-

Attachments

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I was going over my new love for a Christmas day ride,but the rear tube is flat. But it is 6 years old and has clumps of fixaflat in it rolling around. So now I get to spend an hour or so changing the tube out with the original tube from 1987. But it showed no bubbles in a sink of water and it looks better than the newer tube. So forward I go.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!