China Girl Motorized Bicycle Drift Trike.

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
This is a 'leftovers' motor that I got a few bits for today,
I have a 'fast' motor that may go in this when its done though.
My 'Old Raleigh' will probably swap motors as it's a bit old and underbraked to be doing 80 Kph on.
The Trike was going to get a 4 stroke, but I managed to scrounge up all the bits I need to run a jackshaft, and get a good drive ratio to run a two stroke, to a pocket bike 'pusher wheel'.
This will be mounted to the trike on its own sprung swingarm between the two back wheels and under the seat.
The plan was to build a tilting rear end for it, but will start with a 'solid' rear axle for now.
The Trike was 'slaped' together for a 'No Brakes' Boxing Day 'Built in a Day' down hill billy cart race, with a 65+ Kph dirt road and some fierce competition.
As it was I lost the race when another cart rubbed wheels with me and took out about a dozen spokes from my rear wheel, not stopping me but slowing me down somewhat.
So this is a good place to start a new build thread, as I think I have everything I need to get this really 'flying'.

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Re: China Girl Drift Trike.

I'm going to see a guy at Rock Solid which is only about 1/2 hour from where I live about cutting the correct thread to an old clutch backing plate so that it will take a screw on freewheel.

But was also considering trying to weld this old sprocket straight to this freewheeling carrier.

And with a 10 to 36t primary chain ratio, should give me a couple of gear ratio options on the secondary chain, by swaping the freewheel sprocket.

Attachments

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia

I got another 'Chopper' today, I payed too much, but she needed the money and I saw $200 worth of left over bits and pieces when I'm done stripping her, I have a Solid Quad bike axle or six! there, and this looks a good 'Chassis' for a 4 stroke drift trike.
I'm half tempted to put the 12" rear wheel under the china girl trike and leave her as a bike?
Other wise See If I can mount up this old Quad wheel as a rear and make this in to a Mud Dragster, with a bigger front wheel.

Attachments

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia

This one is going to be put on hold for a bit while I focus on the Tadpole for a bit.
But this Mini Bike wheel fits beautifully in the 'Sting ray' frame, and am tempted to build this as a simple China Girl Mini Bike?
The Mini Bike Looks like being a better Trike Frame, but the ATV wheel fits so nicely, it may end up left as a Bike also, however I have no time for either at the moment, and picked up this 'Green Machine' for the front hub assembly, So still thinking about Drift Trikes, But The Tadpole is a more interesting project and I'd like to get a bit more done on it for now.

Attachments

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia

But the Green machine!
The Hub is 28 spoke for which I have a nice Rim and 'Hozan' Spoke threader.
I have a set of 152mm cranks to suit, and am starting to consider a big 'big wheel',
articulated maybe?, with a 49cc scooter motor to a mini Quad rear axle?
So still tossing things around, But I will build a Drift Trike.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia

What about mounting a pocket bike motor above the front wheel?
Much to think about,
But I want peddles and a motor, and am coming up with a plan, as cool as the 'Stingray with a 12" back tyre would be I think it should be a drift trike, however the 26" big wheel won't work on this and I feel I should build something else as well around it?, plus the Tadpole.
Three Trikes? it sounds auspicious.
And I have three Motorized bikes.
Three pocket bikes.
and Three push bikes.
so why not.
So I plan to be building three trikes at once and will take a few photos as I go.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia

This 'Stingray' frame is looking really promising as a 'Mini Bike', But I am considering trying to mount some pedals for low speed and take off's, it would otherwise be a bit limiting with only one gear.
It'd be a lot better with a couple of gears, or a KTM clone/ small dirtbike motor, But a jackshaft arrangement and freewheel might work to tie in the pedals?
The wheels have pretty good brakes, near new tyres and suit the frame nicely in my opinion, So this China Girl Drift Trike might be Dead.
But I'm liking the idea of a Big wheel style Trike, and remember seeing some plans for a 3 wheel leaning recumberent trike somewhere, Or otherwise just keep it articutated but with a 49cc scooter motor on the back axle. It sounds kinda fun, I realize this will probably be a little scary at speed, but will gear it down.
It's got me really curious as I remember these being a bit of fun when I was a kid, although I do vaguely remember rolling one whist 'Drifting it down a grassy hill a few years back (Drunk, I didn't even spill my beer!)
Will a rear powered articulated trike handle at all? It should drift though.

Attachments