Backup procedure

GoldenMotor.com

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
Hey all.

I was swapping some logic boards on hard drives today( after one went up in smoke) and wondered
if you had a good backup procedure for the boards. I keep an eye on the boards daily catching up and using the search and it would be horrible for you guys to lose any of the info here.
I just want to be assured that it gets backed up regularly and that the backups are not sitting on the same server or in the host's hands.

I notice the boards seem pretty clear of spam so either mods are doing good jobs or there has been code put in place to diminish it. Nice work and good to see.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i have 2 hard drives for the server and a back up is done on the second hard drive every 6 hours which is over kill but i dont want to loose anything. yes the mods here are awesome and an honer to have. glad to have you with us and hope you enjoy the site as much as we do

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
any raid array for servers should be 0+1, 0 is 2 drives acting as one and 1 is cloning of the 2 hard drives so 4 total, 2 hd's combined forspeed and 2 for backup of the 2 so if one fails thier is always a backup.

davearoy

Apr 25, 2009
Lakeland, Florida
i have 2 hard drives for the server and a back up is done on the second hard drive every 6 hours which is over kill but i dont want to loose anything. yes the mods here are awesome and an honer to have. glad to have you with us and hope you enjoy the site as much as we do
I am a newby to Motor Bicycling. I have gotten some wonderful very helpful advice from this site. No spam, great grafics, and friendly knowledgeable people here. THANKS this is one of my favorite web sites..............WELL DONE GUYS

Dave

.shft.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I have 2 hardrives in my computer and i store the important stuff on the second one,so if i have to reload my computer i won't loose anything.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I have a 1TB raid5 in my main machine. My other machines on the network back up to that nightly by a cron script using rsync. Then I have another 1TB drive in the main machine that the main machine spins up and backups up to with an rsync scrip run by cron every other day. If anybody uses linux.... this is a good backup method. :)

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
My systems all run linux. All have custom programmed graphic environments, I use the command line for a lot of stuff. I like it because with a bit of tinkering I can have exactly what I want. Pretty much the same as an MB, with a bit of tinkering it can be whatever I want it to be. Within reason, of course.