motorized bicycle for transportation

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If you are doing it on a scooter, I would think that it was doable. But man that is a lot of rough riding. You might need to spring for one of dem fancy suspension front ends like dem other playboys have lol.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
joe last year my hands would go numb from the vibration. i added the springer front end and you would not believe how much vibration it took out of it. i did around 30 miles yesturday messing around after work and vibration was very little unless i went full throttle and even then it was no where near as bad as when i had the solid front end. other thing i noticed was when i go over the railroad crossing i used to have to stand up because it bashed the heck out of me. now it pretty much glides over them. the tension on the spring i have set so with my weight it is just off the mount so maybe a little soft but that makes it glide nicely

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
Cruiser the Springer front end you are talking about, could I add this to my bike? Will this Springer front end fit any bike? How complicated would it be?

Ted

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes you can get for any bike. i got mine at the bike shop and was quite easy to install. took me more time to get the stupid sticker of it then to put the springer on. the springer only cost like $50.00 and was worth every penny. i know my shop offered to install it for only like 25.00. it makes it a brand new motorized bicycle. the comfort is worth every penny and knowing what i know no i would have no problem spending more for one

lostanddontcare

Nov 16, 2008
lake city pa
thanks for people! my bike is everting iwant to do basic transpot sports travel store dr office.lastsept i did some work 34miles from here .haul grapes pay good !i would start from5am haul till 7pm 6days of week !sep. to mid oct. so this bike is worked .i start when its dark get home its dark hooked white wire good lites placemotor last oct from 48.9 to 66cc chang gears from44 to 5o.slower more pullingpower started pulling trailer with camping gear to work .pulled in feild put tent up temp motel room?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I'm going to sublet my $81 monthly parking stall at work. I've been going to night school twice weekly, so I need the car. Whenever I bike to work, it's like paying for a stall I don't use. So starting next month, I'll park on the street at work on night school days and bike in for three days. It's been raining lately, so that'll be a challenge.

It's six miles one way, which takes 18 minutes by car on a good day, 28 min on bad mornings. On bad days going home, it can take 45-60 minutes by car. On my bike it takes about 32 minutes. If I ride in traffic, it's scarier but a faster commute.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I just LOVE to pass the stream of cars stuck in traffic for blocks.rotfl

No matter how bad traffic is, I KNOW it'll still take me the same amount of time to get to and from work..boogy1a

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
5000 miles in just under one year I did it last year one a china. Did not say it was easy, but it can be done. Had to park it by the TV, and always wounder what was next. I only got stranded once. The other two times I peddled home. CDI, then throttle cable. The strander was a nail in rear tire at 35 mph wasted tube rim ,and tire!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
In January I made a New year's resolution to commute via MB...rain or shine.

The ride to work is less than 25 minutes now. I ride on the street because of two flats I've gotten on the bikepath.

I burn about four gallons w/ premix going to work, less than $15/monthly..rd.

I will save almost $1100 yearly riding my bike to work.dance1

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Still commuting to work.

I shaved travel time down to 17 minutes, a 32% improvement.dance1

This was done by riding the highway at 35mph instead of the 2.5 mile long bikepath at 15mph.

Man, this commute is like a carnival ride twice a day!.fly

butchatron

Jul 22, 2009
kentucky
My MB will be my main form of transportation. Fortunatly for me, I'm on disability now, so I don't have a job to commute to, and my sister takes me shopping and just about anywhere else I need to go (my doctor, my caseworker, ect. she's great like that) so basically, while I intend to ride it everyday I don't really have anywhere to go.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Still commuting.

Found a route 1/2 mile shorter..and safer too.

Shortest ride to work is 11 MINUTES!!!

Highway ride is much shorter, cruising between 35-40mph.xct2