2nd Annual Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise 2016

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Thanks Tom. Took a 20 mile ride this morning with my brother and his new bike. Only gripe I have about the tank I just mounted is that it is so wide that sometimes your knees can get into the sides of it when pedaling. I am thinking the 3L tank would have been perfect, but I will stick with the 4L tank and enjoy the capacity and just have to hold my knees out a bit more while pedaling. Not too big a deal, but just something I didn't consider.
Maybe need to invest in a wider crank set?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Better yet, don't pedal :)

The tank on the Norton is from an 80cc Yamaha, kid's dirt bike. It holds 2.3 gallons but is skinny in width. But then I don't pedal much either.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Better yet, don't pedal :)

The tank on the Norton is from an 80cc Yamaha, kid's dirt bike. It holds 2.3 gallons but is skinny in width. But then I don't pedal much either.

Tom
Yea....I like that tank on your Norton. Looks like a nice fit. The new tank I mounted on my bike is growing on me and I think it is going to be fine. I really try not to pedal any more then I have to so not too big of a deal. If it was smooth sided like that Norton tank and didn't have that protruding ledge all the way around it....it would be perfect.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Going to work at getting some T shirts made up for this event when the time gets closer. Need to come up with a design that is pleasing to the eye and captures the spirit of the event. Perhaps when we get within a couple months of the event, folks can PM there shirt size so I can try to have the right sizes on hand? If anyone has any ideas on shirt design..feel free to PM any of your ideas that way I have something to present to the shirt printers when the time comes to get some made. Thanks
Ray

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Sounds like a cool idea! I am already getting the bike prepped up for the next meet! Gotta make sure my exhaust is welded up nice ha! This should be a big one now that we got a year in advance to plan!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Jordan

We should have several more bikes in attendance next year I am hoping. Now I just need to figure how to get a nitrous system mounted so you don't make me look sooo slow next year! laff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jordan

We should have several more bikes in attendance next year I am hoping. Now I just need to figure how to get a nitrous system mounted so you don't make me look sooo slow next year! laff
I'm going for a supercharger and I plan to tip the nitro can a little to add to my Opti-2.
Jordan is gonna have some competition next time. Right Ray? :)

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Jordan

I'm going for a supercharger and I plan to tip the nitro can a little to add to my Opti-2.
Jordan is gonna have some competition next time. Right Ray? :)

Tom
I'll be waiting for you guys to catch up! I got a 34T that just arrived, but I am going with a smaller rear rim with a bigger tire. Hopefully it adds up to be about the same! Doesn't matter how fast I am going if I run out of gas again!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jordan, no worries. I usually always carry a tow strap. We'll get you home.

If you're interested I have a tank from a Harley Baja. It holds a little over two gallons. It might look sort of cool on your bike.

Oh, and didn't Ray tell you. There is a 40T limit on sprocket size. Anything smaller and you'll get disqualified from riding with us. :)

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Jordan, no worries. I usually always carry a tow strap. We'll get you home.

If you're interested I have a tank from a Harley Baja. It holds a little over two gallons. It might look sort of cool on your bike.

Oh, and didn't Ray tell you. There is a 40T limit on sprocket size. Anything smaller and you'll get disqualified from riding with us. :)

Tom
Other than this once a year type thing I wouldn't have a use for such a large tank! I appreciate the offer though! And I'll gear up for you guys so I don't embarrass ya too bad! Need to get the bike in drivable condition! She's sitting in my spare bedroom in my apartment on the second floor ha!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
http://mapq.st/1NiUwKZ

Scarecrow Run route for 2016. 9 small towns and 1 covered bridge. A 77 mile round trip ride. No gravel roads or busy highways....just quiet country blacktops. This route will give riders multiple gas, snack and bathroom breaks and a chance to visit multiple small towns and villages along the route. Some of the villages and towns along the route include London Mills, Avon, Little Swan Lake, Greenbush, Berwick, Abingdon, Delong, Gilson, Maquon and Historic Wolf Covered Bridge.

This route also consist of several streams, the Historic Spoon River and Little Swan Lake. So long as the weather is good...this route should make for a very pleasant day of riding in Spoon River Country.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Man, I hope I can make this one. That sounds like a great route, Ray.
Have you ridden it, or driven it? Of course you have. Why did I ask that?

My Nikon camera died so I'll be in the market for a new, and I hope, better one, for the next ride.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom
Of course I have traveled all these blacktops in the area over the years by truck or car, but this Saturday my brother and I will be riding this exact route on our motorized bikes to check it out before next years gathering. It will be my single longest ride yet, but it should be real enjoyable as we plan to make several stops along the way and to also partake in some dining at a small town café along the route to break up the ride and give the backside a rest.

Jordan
You stay out of that throttle and you will be just fine on fuel.LOL

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Jordan
You stay out of that throttle and you will be just fine on fuel.LOL
Ha I thought I did pretty well this last time! The way I see it was I think I ran out of gas about the last ten miles of the ride. That's what I think! If I just top off at one of the stops I should be alright! Might have to keep the taller sprocket on just to get the gas mileage you guys can!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Going to run the route starting tomorrow morning with my brother. The weather is supposed to be a beautiful 82 degrees with clear skies and low humidity. Should be a great ride. If anyone close would like to go as well...just drop me a PM and I will give you directions to get here if you wish to ride along.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Other than this once a year type thing I wouldn't have a use for such a large tank! I appreciate the offer though! And I'll gear up for you guys so I don't embarrass ya too bad! Need to get the bike in drivable condition! She's sitting in my spare bedroom in my apartment on the second floor ha!
We could always load it up in the red Ford and you could ride one of the spare bikes.