sneak peak

GoldenMotor.com

beeler54321

Jan 13, 2014
maine
well here it is still lot to do but i wanted 2 get my bike up here fast due to the fact i think its the 1st of its kind (avalon MTB) and i have been in the dark long Enough doing research from all u MBs out there. alot more to come Pics,write up,ports,mods,ECT sooo what do u all think so far???
P.S. b-4 i get picked apart I know there's a few no nos in my bulid and i will address that soon

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
beeler,
I have to question how you maintain drive chain tension with that sprung rear suspension. As the rear wheel moves up or down it will naturally loosen or tighten the chain. Could you post a photo of the left side of the bike?

Otherwise it looks good. Probably a comfy ride with that front suspension fork.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your build with us.

Tom

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
I have to agree here ,I don't see any tensioner and worry the chain will loosen and bind at speed ,the angle of the tank is good though ,I like it for some reason ,but yes best look at a jack shifter kit ASAP as being thrown off your bike at 30mph is certainly not a great experience and can easily break bones and or cause very serious injury ,overall the build looks good but please please get the safety aspects up to scratch before you take her for a spin ,a little bit of fun is not worth a lifetime of pain or even death

Regards Henshooten

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Honestly these bikes have very little actual travel. It might be rideable with some luck and care.
A spring tensioner like the turbobuick unit would cure any chain ills.
Looks good if you can get the chain sorted out!

StarkVanCool

Aug 20, 2014
Billings, MT
I ordered one of these, from WalMart, earlier this week. My hope it to put in a SBP shift kit. That might be asking a lot, from such a small space. It would add 7 gears and solve any chain slack. I will keep ya posted.

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi beeler54321!

Sweet looking ride. Wait, wait I think I here it whispering something. Sounds like Jack. No the rest was muffled. Wait there it is again, oh jack shaft. It's asking for a jack shaft. Machines talk to me glad to help. :)

Dave
AssembleThis

scratg