New Company EZ Motorbike

GoldenMotor.com
Although we launched the research & development segment of our new company almost a year ago, we still have more work to do. After a lot of data was collected concerning the problems with attaching a motor to a bicycle, we elected to solve as many of these issues as possible.
We started our quest by looking into the past and found the vintage Whizzer motor kit was one of the best choices, however it wouldn’t work well in today’s environment as a motorbike/motored bicycle/moped/motor assisted bicycle because of the 138CC motor. After more research we noticed the majority of the states require the motor to be under 50CC, then the issue of two-stroke verses four-stroke had to be approached.
We wanted a “bullet proof” solution, and our research favored the four-stroke for several reasons including, reliability, sound, low end torque, maintenance, green issues, and oil & fuel [no mixing fuel], just to mention a few of the deciding factors that have made the four-stroke the more popular choice. Next was motor location, an easy choice, because of looks, center of gravity, safety, and not reducing the ability of transporting additional cargo [racks, saddlebags, baskets, etc].
Next our research required us to look at the problems connected with transferring the power of motor to the rear wheel. After researching & testing [still testing] several great power plants, we have selected two, one for quality at a great price, or the more expensive motor if additional power is desired.
Additional research found it necessary to simplify the drive system and make it “bullet proof”, and easily adaptable to the end user. We found one size doesn’t really fit all, and it became necessary to apply some “American engineering” to develop a system rugged enough to take some abuse, and offers inexpensive choices for change. As an example, EZ Motorbike Company is in the process of applying for patents & trademarks for our new drive system, and because of our new design it will be easy to change the ratios to fit the individual needs [13.3 X 1, 15.23 X 1, 15.65 X 1, 15.99 X 1, 18.28 X 1, 18.66 X 1, 19.09 X 1, and 22.76 X 1], without changing the chain sprockets. Of course if the chain sprockets are added into the equation, the possibilities are almost beyond belief. There are several proto-types in the testing stage and have already logged near 600 miles.
The remarkable drive system, is silent, smooth, doesn't require messy lubricants, inexpensive to change ratios, but more importantly it works. My original proto-type [proto-type #2] has been ridden by at least 25 different riders, and was unveiled at the show in Lewes, DE, and all were pleased with the power and performance of the 49CC OHV motor. There are several additional proto-types located on the West coast [including proto-type #1] and reports are also100% favorable.
The new motor kit is getting ready to enter the "beta" testing stage [8 dealers have agreed to help test the new kits prior to release, and may consider adding 2 more]. The new kit will only be offered via an authorized dealer network. Unlike other companies, our corporate offices will not compete against our own dealer network. We contend the future of the motor bike will see its biggest gains from quality, trouble free, kits and supplied by your neighbor, co-worker, family, local businesses, friends, etc. We are currently setting up an accessory line for the dealers and will include a vast assortment of quality items designed for motorized bikes at reasonable prices. Plans include offering upgraded products for many of the current motors, kits, and drive systems produced by other companies. As an example we will supply upgraded parts for the Whizzer, Honda GXH50, and the Hua Sheng 142, just to mention a few.
When? Very soon! .
EZ Motorbike Company will soon be accepting new dealers in all US states, Canada, and several additional countries.

Have fun,

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
This kit sounds too good to be true... Got any pics? or is it still confidential? Come on give us some idea... :)

badbarb

Sep 25, 2009
Lebanon Pa
Quenton,
Hi I'm new to the motor bicycle scene just came from Bonnie & Jay's house looking at their bikes and pics on the computer WOW !!! I was dumbstruck at your 2 motor whizzer. after looking at that, the 80 cc skyhawk i have just won't cut it. Could you help me out as in where to find a whizzer motor ? I am waiting on my worksman bike that I ordered over a week ago and hope to build a boardy using a whizzer motor. not too worried about doing the frame modifacations (drop loop and tank) any heads up on the whizzer would be greatly appreciated.....Thanx Barb

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I gotta wonder how's this a NEW company? I've seen Mike use this logo in posts more than 2 years old. No biggie just noticed.

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
The EZM powered motorbikes are the best that I have ever had the opportunity to ride. I have ridden the Q-matic prototype, and the manual version, and both proved outstanding and the 49cc 4 stroke enignes were plenty powerful enough completely stock. They have reliable performance, and have great response/accelleration compared to the 2 stroke kits. The drive system is much quiter than other motor bike kits as well as better operating. If I ever were to motorize another bicycle, I would definetly get an EZ Motorbike kit because they are built durable to last for thousands and thousands of miles.

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
The EZM powered motorbikes are the best that I have ever had the opportunity to ride. I have ridden the Q-matic prototype, and the manual version, and both proved outstanding and the 49cc 4 stroke enignes were plenty powerful enough completely stock. They have reliable performance, and have great response/accelleration compared to the 2 stroke kits. The drive system is much quiter than other motor bike kits as well as better operating. If I ever were to motorize another bicycle, I would definetly get an EZ Motorbike kit because they are built durable to last for thousands and thousands of miles.
I'm glad you think so highly of the EZM as I've already written my check and am hoping to become the newest EZM dealer. I even have my website under construction and potential customers waiting.

And I was very glad to hear that dealers won't be competing with the parent company-- that's the reason I never bought into several other kits that are currently on the market..flg.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
what I like best is when I have had a problem (even of my own fault), the attitude is 'how can we prevent this from happening again', rather than 'here's a fix we will sell you'

very refreshing after doing the usual vendor/customer dance for so long (^)

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
I'm glad you think so highly of the EZM as I've already written my check and am hoping to become the newest EZM dealer. I even have my website under construction and potential customers waiting.

And I was very glad to hear that dealers won't be competing with the parent company-- that's the reason I never bought into several other kits that are currently on the market..flg.
I too think highly of EZMotorbike, I have not become a dealer because of my inability to follow up on most everything I do. Feel like I would hurt EZMotorbike for that reason.
I have 2000 miles on my manual kit and except for replacing a couple of belts the system is superior to anything I driven. That includes a 08 whizzer that is under perpetual repair I own. I recently built another bike around the Q-Matic drive system and the manual has to take a drop in stature. I've put 250miles on the bike and besides having to replace a belt(I put a gash in it when I switched motors on the drive system from a HF to the HS) this system is outstanding. A freind recently asked hey where is the Workman with the crome tank, I replied getting even better gas mileage.
I wish you well with your dealership, could you drop a PM with your url for the website I'd like to check it out.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hello guys, I am very satisfied with the performance of the EZ Motorbikes I have built. My first one was on a Hau Sheng that I had bought with a JL Hoot box on it. After the Hoot failed (in about 50 miles), and the bike sat for a year, (we have had some terrible gasoline out here, and I was not sucessful getting that carb working), I did install a new carb on the little Murray.

Next I then installed the Prototype Silent Power drive, and never looked back. . We work, and test, ride and play, then back to work, test, and then more play. BUT the work is NOT on the bike itself! When we did the first production run of Silent Powers I pulled off the prototype drive, and installed the same components into the finished product, and it still runs today! Same internals, same motor mount, same bike, tho I did change the engine later for testing reasons.

My experience has been, that once you have installed it correctly, that is.... chain line straight, engine level and square, all fasteners tight, clutch cable adjusted corrected, AND your transmission mount in place,that your work on the drive train is DONE!

Part of my testing included pulling off the HS to install a Honda GX50, so that I could test the Honda up against the HS. Surprisingly, there seems to be very little difference in overall performance. I LOVE my Manual Silent Power, it is still on the Honda, and will remain there.

So next the Q-matic, well I remodeled a Silent Power, and added the necessary components and there you go! I installed the drive on the old HS, and test, ride, play, and Think..... starts all over again! As with the Silent Power, there is no "fiddling" necessary, the bike just goes on and on! Any work I do on it is changing components to determine what ratios will be best for what type of rider and riding. This I am continuing to do at this writing.

The only problem that I have had is with the miserable gas out here gumming up the carb, the Honda is suffering even today, and I will get more additives for the tank today. It may not have been mentioned here but the carb and fuel injector cleaner does help get the carbs back working.

No snapped studs, no pipes vibrating off, no oil blown out the back all over engine and frame. No mixing of oil, (easy fill at the gas station), the 4-stroke is smooth, can be quiet or loud, and a long-life unit.

It seems to be a trouble-free, completely renewable, reliable transportation machine. Light and graceful, clean and inexpensive, a real value for the money (compared to other forms of transportation). EZ Motorbike is the best value for the money IMHO.

Mike

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Mike, it would sure help if you put your location on your profile so it shows in your posts. If I knew where you are located, it might be possible for you to ride one of the several prototypes that are scattered across the country.

We will have the Drives available as soon as the job-shops we are using get them done. Manufacturing in USA is not nearly as easy as it would appear to be. Stay tuned here, and we will announce the release of Drive inventory to the Dealers as soon as we have product in hand.

Conception, Design, application, and some rather severe testing are done, alto I and several others are continuing to test under a variety of riding conditions.

Rome was not built in a day, and even tho a Drive is not an ancient city, it too cannot be manufactured in a day. There are time frames of Laser Cutting, Forming steel, Milling Aluminum, plating, shipping, not to mention waiting 4 days at a time just for a simple order from a supplier. Countless hours are spent getting the right deals, on the quality components that are needed to construct a product that we can be proud of.

I hope I have not bored you with these details, but these are precisely some of the aspects of what must happen to bring a product to the hands of the consumer, and whether we like it or not, we are bound by others scheduling. If it were simple, cheap, and easy, I would think there would be 50 drive systems to choose from?

I hope this helps you understand that we are not hiding behind a Magician's cape, but that we are in the production phase.

Mike

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Eloquent indeed, Mike....Thanks for keeping everyone informed. Im already sold on EZM obviously, but its gonna take off big and will be THE drive everyone is looking for. OK....Back to work!.trk

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
I am so chomping at the bit to get my hands on my EZM...

That said, I've spent much of the last 5 years trying to do some of the same things Quinton and company are doing-- I've learned a lot but had little I've been happy with. And yes, trying to build something new is really hard and takes what seems like forever. When I first started I had a partner but he got tired of not getting the results we wanted and gave up. Then I learned of the existence of EZM and hope has returned.

I'm not sure what you might need but if I can help I'll be happy to do so. Hey, it's only 5 hours driving from Greensboro to the Outer Banks...

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
If you want sure success in a gear box go to the 40s and 50s in Europe where the design patents have expired and those gear boxes were bullet proof.......just an idea.