Should I motorize this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A 2 stroke motor will fit that frame. The bike looks worth the price if the wheels spin true and if it is in the same condition as shown in the photos. Some sellers post old photos from when the bike was in better condition.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
It's a 26"?

The bike looks good to me. I think I can see a Schwinn head badge.

A China kit would easily fit. I think a 4 stroke kit would be right at home in there. Maybe even a predator...

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
Yes it's a 26". I would love to have a 4 stroke xct2 , but the kits are way too expensive. I found a 2 stroke kit in los angelos for 190 so I'm going to go check it out drn2 . Also does anyone know if the handlebars will get uncomfortable? Because the guy says he got the biggest one and he thinks the handlebars are 24".

mdschurtz

Jun 16, 2013
Greenville, NC
i ride for 15 min at a time and my arms havent gotten tired yet. you can kind of just let them relax. it's more comfortable than you might think

surreybrad

Jun 8, 2013
surrey bc, canada
I use them sometimes and my neighbor uses them all the time and they are comfortable for long rides. You can sit back and don't get that knot between the shoulder blades or sore wrists from leaning over. The only thing is getting used to cornering. That's a real good frame to use, one of my favorites for doing builds and the mount you were shown in the link works perfect. They look good with the tank on them and if you want to put on some custom forks. Cruiser frame is what we call them up here in Vancouver Canada

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
only problem? Clutch and throttle cables might be a little short for those bars. You might want to check into that.

surreybrad

Jun 8, 2013
surrey bc, canada
The cables will fit but you have to slide the levers down to connect the cables and then back up again. You can't reach them to the ends of the bars with the cables already on. I use them on my Huffy build. The longest ones.

surreybrad

Jun 8, 2013
surrey bc, canada
kevyleven007 said that the cables for the throttle and clutch might be too short for the ape hanger bars and I replied by explaining how I got mine on without having to get longer ones on. I can't slide the clutch lever on the end of the bars with the cable attached but if I put the lever on and slide it down in the middle of the bars and attach the cable and then slide it back up it fits fine. In short, one does not have to get longer cables to use the largest size ape hanger bars or whatever they call them in your area.