Nirve swicthblade chopper

GoldenMotor.com

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval
Have any of you ever put a two stroke motor on one of these?It looks pretty damn kool.If so what problems would i run into?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The Switchblade is a great platform for a motorized bicycle. It does take some special work to get things lines up. It is not a bolt-in application if you're considering a Chinese 2stroke. The engine needs to have special mounts and be off-set to the left about 9/16" to get the chain aligned correctly. The wide rear tire dictates the off-set. The front engine mount also requires some fabrication.

Once done I think you'll like the ride and feel of the Switchblade. I currently have two. One with 14" ape hanger bars, the other one with the bars that came with the bike. The older ones, 2009 versions came with only rear coaster brakes. The later versions, 2011, 2012 has front disc and rear coasters.
Let me know if you need specific help and you can see photos in my profile.
Good luck.

Tom

XShark

Jul 10, 2013
Pensacola,Fl.
I'm interested in building one of these. It would be my first bike build, but coming from automotive and boat backgrounds + a shop full of tools that would choke 2 horses I have no fear. Most everything I have has been cut on and built custom and better. :)

I'm even considering a trike build with one.

Now the first thing is to locate one. Looking at the bike it has a LOT of stuff already on it that would just $50 & $100 you to death. Never mind the fact that the bike has VERY pleasing lines to it. They have a pretty fair price tag on them new.

As to powering it. I've seen a few here where 2 stroke kits are installed. That does not interest me at all. Thinking......... 4 stroke in the 80cc - 100cc size. Belt drive CVA to a jackshaft and drive thru the gears.

Does that sound possible?

I'm not familiar with the gear systems on these bikes and what works.....and doesn't work.