Florida Laws 2013?

GoldenMotor.com

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
I'm Just wondering are motorized bike legal or not in Florida i have done research and all iv come across is information from around 2009-2011 nothing for 2013.
I just want to know the final law if there is one i still ride my bike and i just becoming more cautious and do not want to get a ticket or get an any trouble or even better if i could even get my bike registered as a home-build Mo-ped if so what are all the requirements i have to meet.
Any info is a help!!
brnot

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I'm Just wondering are motorized bike legal or not in Florida i have done research and all iv come across is information from around 2009-2011 nothing for 2013.
I just want to know the final law if there is one i still ride my bike and i just becoming more cautious and do not want to get a ticket or get an any trouble or even better if i could even get my bike registered as a home-build Mo-ped if so what are all the requirements i have to meet.
Any info is a help!!
brnot
Hi,
Your question has been answered in previous posts/ threads...
No change in law. A select few MBers figured out how to LEGALLY register.
Search the topic.
Good Luck!

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Florida's moped laws state you must have peddles, under 50 cc, no manual clutch, no manual gear shifting. There is also breaking and lighting requirements as well. And you must register it. I'm not sure what the procedures are to register a self built moped.