A note about Federal, State, county and city ordernence

GoldenMotor.com

wtsgems

Apr 15, 2013
TX usa
Something I've noticed watching you tube and reading forums like this one. It seems like a good number of the people have a chip on their shoulder just daring someone to say something about their right to ride.
I have lived in cities that had restrictions on the time of day when you can use lawnmowers and such.
As a truck driver I have learned this lesson and more than once been confronted with it.
A federal bill or law is a base line a minimum that state, county, and city work from. The laws they pass can be stricter than those set by federal mandate.
A officers interpretation of those laws has president over a citizens until judgment is made by the court. ( We are actually required to carry a fmcsa book in our truck for regulatory guidance and at times I have showed the officer in the book my reasoning but its still up to the officer.
If you don't want city or county mandates restricting and or forbidding motorized bicycles then respecting your fellow citizens would be a good place to start
I like to off road we have a goal though zero impact. We do this so we can come back next year and not find the area fenced off because the guy found his property full of ruts and trash. This attitude would be a good one to practice in this hobby as well. Got a guy down the road who likes to ride his rice burner at about 60 MPH by my house or have the thing wound up close to red line a 1 or 2 in the morning... to say I am not happy with the jerk would be an understatement.
I would suggest checking out the off road sites see how much of an active role they play in the community and the commitments to zero impact they practice. For a long time they were enemy#1 but they've turned things around .