Mounting onto a oval-like frame?

GoldenMotor.com

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
Hi all, I got my new bike in a few days ago. The lower frame has this odd oval shape tube, I'd say like a wide diamond.... how do you go about mounting a motor on to such a frame? It may be hard to see, but it looks like this (') instead of a regular circle like this O

Last edited:

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
Couldn't find anything on my particular type of frame... everyone on that thread has a wider, but still perfectly rounded frame. I was thinking U bolts, but I heard it could break the frame. If I wrap the frame with rubber would it help?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Couldn't find anything on my particular type of frame... everyone on that thread has a wider, but still perfectly rounded frame. I was thinking U bolts, but I heard it could break the frame. If I wrap the frame with rubber would it help?
Do Not use rubber or any resilient material between the mount, engine and frame. It must be mounted solid with no soft material between the parts.

Odd frame tube shapes are common and engine mounts can be a challenge. Especially the front one which sometimes must be a custom fabricated item.
Is your frame steel or aluminum?

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I don't use threadlock and mine are fine after several thousand miles. Just check them every ride for the first few weeks, and once in a while after they take a set.
If you simply must use loctite, use blue.
I don't risk it on these cheap aluminum cases.

48ccbiker

Apr 5, 2013
California
I dont see why you want to spend the same cost again for a top end. Why not just port the one you have (or will get)? For getting the top speed you want just keep raising the exhaust port till you get it. Or just use a smaller rear sprocket.