Electric 2

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thats a nice clean looking ebike mike. hey rhymes lol. i saw where a guy had the big battery and made a skirt for it out of black canvas. looked pretty good and makes the battery look like a storage bag. they sure are fun to ride aren't they?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Doesn't need fenders. I will never put fenders on this bike. Ruins the look. I'm not going to put on that POS clear plastic warped chain guard that came with it either. The pedal sprocket is so tiny that it's not needed. No grease on my pants - :)

I don't ride in the rain, I take the car.

The only thing that's wrong with this bike is a high center of gravity. I'm working on that, but I'm in no hurry. Got new non-bike projects to work on.

Not ridin' much now Paul, it's raining outside and likey to rain lots till spring.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
dont mind me,I'm hardcore(aint got a car) Yeah,those lifpo4's dont like gravity,be careful and ride easy man

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
yep.In the center of the frame like a 2 stroke would be the best spot.Might not fit though.or you could put it in front where the basket is.I never tried that.Might be too high there also.Your pretty good so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.Looks fine the way it is too me just be careful nobody knocks it over.You should get a nice range with that battery pack.and you really cant beat not having to buy gas or mix oil.I like it.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
This bike is awesome and super clean Mike! Can you show us how you wired up your regenerate button? Did you use the wiring from the Golden Eagle brake handle?
Thanks

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Thanks.

The regen is just the stock brake handle plugged into the MP3 harness connector. I only used 1 lever, the front. It triggers the regen well before the pads hit the disc.

Where I got creative was the cruise control. That is an SBP kill switch and it is wired to the MP3 via the junction box.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm thinking of changing my front hydraulic for a mechanical and removing the rear brake. I was pleasantly surprised how well the regen braking on the hub works.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
keep the rear brake. i hardly never use mine but i have a few times when someone cut me off and both brakes are nice to have when you need them. regan slows you down the brakes you need to stop

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Oh yeah, I would never remove a brake that is already installed.

Why change the front?

Just keep the switch on the rear brake, set the pads so they don't hit till well after the switch trips the regen and you are good to go for no dough. Or do you have hydralic on both wheels?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I have hydraulics on both but I want to make things simple. I can easily take the mechanical off my LTS and use the handle that came with my kit. My front rotor is warped from racing because that was a lot of bike trying to slow down from 50mph.
I got some chuckles today, I saw a bunch of road bikes climbing a road so I followed them. I flew by them and heard laughing and one guy even called me a cheater. I smiled and graciously waved.
I love sneaking up on hardcore bikers and smile at them as I'm passing by them. :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm generally not a fan of mounting batteries on the rear rack, but your custom rack looks great and your batteries are in a nice steel box instead of a wrinkled battery bag. You have a good eye for design. Your cargo rack compliments the look of your bike rather than interfering with it.