Upcoming wcc bicycle build

GoldenMotor.com

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
If you're talkling about a Jesse James, West Coast Choppers bike...the whole build can be a snag.
You'll have to make an engine mount or weld an extra tube into the frame for the engine to be bolted to (assuming you're going with a china 2 stroke).
You'll have to weld the w.c.c. gas tank shut, and then make up 2 fuel outlets (one on each side of the tank), cut a hole in the tank, make a gas cap, run an in-line fuel shut off and then figure out a new way to mount the tank to the frame.
since those tanks are held to the frame with 2 bolts from underneath, those 2 bolt holes will need to be welded closed to seal the tank.
Take some time to grind the factory welds smooth on the gas tank, do some body work to get it all smooth and throw on a custon paint job.
But if you plan on using the kit supplied gas tank, you can skip this step (altho the kit supplied gas tank won't look as good).

everything else is probably straight forward as far as building it, but you will probably need to make the engine chain longer, and you will have to add better brakes. it comes with a coaster brake, which will work, but isn't the best.
you'll probably have to make a custom exhaust, and a custom chain tensioner as well.
But i'm sure that you could use the kit supplied exhaust and chain tensioner, they won't look as good as custom peices.
Sorry, but i'm all about how a bike looks....anyone can just bolt parts on.
I liek to take my time and make custom parts for a unique looking bike that's not put together right out of the box..anyone can do that.

remember that a w.c.c. has a 20" back rim with about a 22-23" tall tire on it.
running a 44-41 tooth sprocket will only get you about 25 mph out of it (depending on your weight). You may want to consider getting a 36 tooth rear sprocket for it.

putting an engine on a wcc bike can be done (altho i've never personally done it), it will just take some time, some engineering and some welding to get it done right.
I have seen them done, so I know that it's possible.