freewheel froze?

GoldenMotor.com

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
Ok Im a middle age lady here who's learning the hard way. So correct me if I'm wrong. I believe its the fly wheel. I was reading the booklet and it mentioned sometimes the fly wheel gets a little stuck so try moving it with a little shove. My words not theres. Well i tried it and it ain't moving at all. Im not quite up to the chain part (still adjusting the engine on the bike) but thought maybe somebody can clue me in what to do?

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
Not my picture but the part where the chain runs. free wheel or fly wheel? What is it called?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Engine drive sprocket. I don't know what engine you have but I'm going to assume it is a Chinese 2 stroke. That sprocket will turn but with the clutch engaged it won't be easy. You won't turn it by hand.

You can remove the spark plug and that will make it easier but even then there will be some resistance. Are you trying to install the chain? Need more info from you.
Tom

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
Im not up to the chain part yet. I was just browsing through the booklet and it mentioned about moving the EDS. Thats when I realized it wasn't moving. Im just mounting the engine on now. Yes its Chinese.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
S, sometimes the chain gets bound up in there between the sprocket and the case if things are not absolutely perfect. It's a flaw in the design...

May I suggest you take this opportunity to buy yourself the cheapest little camera you can find to communicate better with us?
We really do like to help, and pics would allow us to do a better job!

Best
rc

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Don't worry about that part until and unless it is problematic when you get to it.

I take the plug out, and turn the sprocket with a screwdriver until I get the chain around it, then just pull the chain.

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
S, sometimes the chain gets bound up in there between the sprocket and the case if things are not absolutely perfect. It's a flaw in the design...

May I suggest you take this opportunity to buy yourself the cheapest little camera you can find to communicate better with us?
We really do like to help, and pics would allow us to do a better job!

Best
rc
Sorry Im at work and the bike in question is at home.

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
Don't worry about that part until and unless it is problematic when you get to it.

I take the plug out, and turn the sprocket with a screwdriver until I get the chain around it, then just pull the chain.
Ok thanks. i was just a wee worried. Thanks again.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Sorry Im at work and the bike in question is at home.
Well I'm sorry you are at work, too! :)

werk is a four letter werd here in recreational motorized bicycle land! :)

glad you have time between patients to send us your concerns about the motorized bicycle project. :)

Gosh are you gonna have fun when you get the motorized bicycle together!

Best
rc

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
the spark plug wrench should fit the sprocket nut.this will give you grip to turn it.it would be easier if you can release the clutch,but it helps to have the engine installed and cable controls connected.

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
the spark plug wrench should fit the sprocket nut.this will give you grip to turn it.it would be easier if you can release the clutch,but it helps to have the engine installed and cable controls connected.
Thanks I appreciate the help. Just got ahead of myself here.