Rear hub for motorized trike driving us nuts

GoldenMotor.com

Igor

Sep 18, 2011
Brigham City Utah
My wife and I are working on our first motorized trike. We finished a motorized bike about a year ago and thought a trike would be fun. We were going to use the conversion kit from Spooky Tooth, but they aren't selling it right now (change of management?!). Anyway, we have most of the parts and pieces (including a Grubee Skyhawk motor), but the rear hub is driving us crazy - where can I find (or get the parts to make) a rear hub with three sprockets? The attached drawing should show what we are looking for.

Help!! :-||

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I ran a search for the Torker Trike, and also found that Staton inc uses their trike with one of their drive kits.

Would that help you out???
rc

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
You can not use a solid axle to power both rear wheels on a trike turning will be almost impossible. You can build a dif out of mostly available standard bicycle parts and a couple specially made adapters that will allow you to add diskbrakes to the rear.

Igor

Sep 18, 2011
Brigham City Utah
After spending some time looking at the hubs, found out that I could take the hub from a coaster brake wheel with wide flanges, and bolt the extra sprockets to the flanges. It works great! May post pics later....trk

Wish we could say the same for the CNS carb...