Hahahahah wipeout....

GoldenMotor.com

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
HAHA LOL! You must have more luck than me, I've got a scars on my chin, forehead, both hands and on one of my legs and havn't got any sexy feedback about them. Glad your doing better :) How's the other patient doing?

Spaz_Static

Jul 24, 2011
North Carolina, USA
At least you weren't doing like 172 Km/h like this guy.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbT8N42QJik

One of the related links has it in English, and has more of the aftermath and stuff. Took him 5 years for a full recovery.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNnGZZusiQ

WARNING: He ain't pretty after he gets up.

Also, I've been on the quest for a suspension front fork with disk brake mounts, but haven't been able to find a whole lot. Ebay results in few to no matches with all criteria entered. Help?

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
Mind posting better pics of the springer forks and the breaking point and stuff? How fast were you going? How big was the bump? Do you wear a motorcycle helmet or a bike type helmet? Just curious as I was ging to build a 48 cc bike using springers it would be nice to see and know exactly what happened in more detail.

Seems to me that could of happened motor or not just hitting a bump going fast and it doesnt even have to be springers. I have seen front forks collapse/ break on regular bikes several times.

I am glad you are all right could always be worse :)

Last edited:

YoungRatRod

Oct 19, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
I would love to take new pictures besides the fact that I threw them away. But I can tell you that at the crown, the front support arms need to be drastically reinforced.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'd like to see those pics, also, YRR.
Never good to get hurt, but it could do some good if others can see where the problem is, and avoid it.
I've got a schwinn styled springer clone here, taken apart, and my grip slipped on part of it as I was moving it over... The tubes that are the straight side of the D... one of em bent over rather easily. I'm not overly impressed with the quality of the metal for the intended purpose. It's probably fine on a beach cruiser going 7 or 8mph.

When I was a kid I did an endo when a front wheel locked while speeding down a hill.
I remember every bit of it clearly!
Can only sail through the air like superman for so long! lol

Glad you seem to be healing quickly.
I'm too old to recover from things like that now!

Best
rc

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That is not the only down hill run like that for a speed record that the front end came apart! There is quite a lot of stress there going down those huge mountains! The resonance of the high speed vibrations seams to hit a perfect note? Like a opera singer shattering a wine glass lol