Wounded hero tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Rick,
Who do you have that can supply 20mm front hubs with brakes? Tried to get Sturmy Archer but first it was January and now it's mid summer before the distributor will have any.
Prefer drum brakes for the look but disc will work also.

Thank you.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Rick,
Who do you have that can supply 20mm front hubs with brakes? Tried to get Sturmy Archer but first it was January and now it's mid summer before the distributor will have any.
Prefer drum brakes for the look but disc will work also.

Thank you.

Steve.
Steve mine use disk i installed bb-7s hubs are from DMR Bikes part#DMR-HUB-F20-36K. They are cnc machined, forged alloy for dirt-jump/mtb with sealed bearrings. its an anodised hub get em at DMRBIKES.COM

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow, we get to see into the future and what you're doing in 2014. Cool :)

Looking good, Rick. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Tom

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Well ,,, I got some heart wrenching news regarding the intended recipient of this machine. Evidently he had inner demons unbenounced to his family and friends. He took his life late last week. They laid him to rest yesterday afternoon.The country has lost a hero. Let us remember him and his family in our prayers..flg.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I had only met him twice. We mostly spoke on the phone or used E-mail. Seamed to be a pleasent person, as well as, anxious about getting back to biking. I must agree with you GearNut. The care our troops recieve is top notch in the feild, but is somewhat lacking here at home for the wounds that caint be seen. At least there is some available for them, when I was in the subject was never even discussed as it was seen as a sign of weakness and a liability. .flg. Now arises the question of what to do with the machine. Find another recipient if possible, which could take some time. Thankfully, our troops are not coming home dismembered in huge numbers like they have in earlier wars. If I dont find one, I was thinking about finishing it as a standard tadpole with our gas/elec hybrid set ups. Then auction it off and donate the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That's so sad, r.i.p.

An auction, or maybe a raffle is a good idea, the WWP is a great cause. (even though I'm a canuck, I still appreciate what any soldier does <3, we have soldiers too)

Maybe your local VFW could help you find someone in need.

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
OK the tadpole is back on the bench to be finished, I have to remake the steering spindles do to an engineering goof up, all the electrical components are finished and ready to be installed. We are going to make it a standard foot pedal then auction it off to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I know some of the disability problems from a small degree of personal involvement. I've pushed an ex fireman (fell off a ladder) around in the past, couldn't do it now, bones, back, heart not up to it. I spent a few weeks in a wheelchair with a badly broken leg.

Even if the days are dark and the light is only dim at the end of the tunnel, fight on. The world needs you. For the poor man that couldn't support his internal pain any more, I do come from a family with bipolar disorder in the history (and I'm happier than you can believe I don't have to worry about US health care charges) and we know about The Black Dog.

Keep it up, you're more important than any number of politicians and time servers.