Will it fit? Giant Boulder 2009

GoldenMotor.com

missle3944

Feb 28, 2012
California
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I have been wondering if my Giant Boulder 2009 will fit a 2 stroke engine in the frame. I measured it one time and it seemed it did not fit the specs of other sites but I have seen others do it hear. It looks like it might be a tight squeeze ,too. I really want to do this but I'm not sure if the engine will fit in my frame. I can supply you guys with measurements tomorrow. I do see that the bottom tubing is really wide so I will have to have a go around for that part.

-missle3944:

-||

missle3944

Feb 28, 2012
California
thanks for the reply,

I think i might just buy a cruiser because my bottom tubing is 2 inches and the top is 1.5 inches and the frame is 11 inches tall so i think it wont fit a engine in it.

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Check out your local craigslist and see if there is anything you like. Chances are that there is something that would work great. You can get a much better bike for the same or even less then if you were to buy it new.

If you already have the giant and want to use it maybe look at some of the other types of drive systems other then the in frame 2strokes. Some people wont ever use them just because of looks.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do and make sure you post a thread on what you decide to go with :)

Take it easy,

Robert

missle3944

Feb 28, 2012
California
I think I might buy that huffy cranbrook at walmart for $79. Looks like a pretty easy build and there have been numerous threads on that bike.

-Dan

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
I think it is an easy bike but remember you get what you pay for. A lot of people have been successful with that bike but some are sorry they ever even thought about it. Sometimes the frames will crack in multiple places.

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Yep... I want GEBE EHO 35cc on the boulder and it worked out well

BEWARE.... those huge back brake mounts get in the way of lining the engine up perfectly horizontal... so you lose an ounce or two in the 21 ounce fuel tank!

With the GEBE standard gear, she topped out at WOT on level ground at 28.2 miles per hour with GPS

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Complete GEBE setup sitting on top the bike tire....

Sidenote... they were pretty heavy duty wheels, and I still broke a few spokes and bent the rear axle pretty bad

missle3944

Feb 28, 2012
California
I don't have that much money but I do have a homelite weedeater lying around. I managed to dismantle the shalft but the plastic housing on the motor has some Torx screws that I don't have the bits for. So I think I might just go friction drive. I'm going to need a way to mount it and I'll probably just follow someone who did the same. I also hav no idea If there is a clutch. I'll post pics tomorrow!