Bought a 48 Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
How it coming along Jay? I am hooked with Whizzers now, I used to want a full size bike, but who needs one. You were right about Me loving Whizzers. (that sounds strange) But anyways post some pics when you get a chance.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
How it coming along Jay? I am hooked with Whizzers now, I used to want a full size bike, but who needs one. You were right about Me loving Whizzers. (that sounds strange) But anyways post some pics when you get a chance.
I'm still waiting for my neighbor to grind my cam. :(

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Thanks Ray. I hope I can get it started. We're afraid the belts might slip. Once I get it started & take it for a good ride it will loosen up.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks jb, i'll keep that in mine.
I use 100 octane from Union 76 ( ConocoPhillips ) gas station here in Cali , it's the only gas that doesn't have ethanol.
It's sold as Racing fuel and is good on both my vintage and new edition Whizzers

Ray

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Had it out today for the first time. Need to dial in the carb but has lots of power. Bonnie heard it run & said I need to put a video on so everyone can hear it.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Nice jb, looks like you went with the 5"4" slip clutch,and the echo pipe looks like the WC-1. can you feel a difference? Looks good!

Ray

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I bent 2 clutch dogs on the auto clutch so I put the slip clutch on until the carb & stuff is dialed in. It's an NE pipe. They're a little bigger in diameter than the earlier pipes.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Haven't had much weather to ride these days but I went out on the new build yesterday with my son. He was riding my 99 Whizzer. The 99 is pretty fast. I stayed ahead of him for the trip & wondered why he didn't try to race me. When we got back to my place he told me he couldn't keep up with me. On the last stretch before my house I passed right by him & he said he was wide open. This thing is fast. It has one of our high lift cams in it & I can feel the difference this cam makes.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
You should come to LA, we do have riding weather here pretty much year round. good to hear your progress and you will let your son ride too, my boys really like riding the whizzer too.