New Zealand Scenic Adventure

GoldenMotor.com

luke duke

Aug 6, 2008
A few pedal assisted climbs to get to the top of this one, but worth it for the veiw and the knuckle chilling decent!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

luke duke

Aug 6, 2008
Some more pics of the round trip, 100km in total.
1.4 litres of gas

It was an awesome spring morning, and the gravel roads were calling.
A full tank of gas and a sparse pack of tools.
The thundering roar of a drilled out two stroke baffle as I dropped the clutch at the top of the drive and the bike sprung into life.
The priceless looks of the local motorbike gang filling up at the servo.
The lactic acid brun in the legs as I pedal assisted the first breathtaking climb.
The panoramic freedom as I got to the top.
Adreniline rushed, heart pounding, knuckel chilling, snaking twisting decent.
The overwhelming joy of returning home bike and self intact!!

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Awesome Pictures Luke. I love the scenery and that picture of the windy road in the mountains looks so inviting! Thanks for sharing these photos.
BTW You've got one sweet bike!(^)

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
wow i fell in love with your country in 1990 Luke Duke and that was before lord of the rings!!!! spent alot of time up in nelson lakes district hiked the Milford track the usual stuff...

Yes for my next life i think a kiwi sheep would be a good way to go, and how normal it must seem too you, me i live in a desert and i have to but my bike in the back of the pickup to go for a senic ride, otherwise its city driving and playing cat and mouse with the crazy cagers....

Last edited:

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Wow,

This is a great ride and I love the looks your countryside gives. What a grand feeling to get out and enjoy such a beautiful land.