5000+ mile trip!!

GoldenMotor.com

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Buying the jag CDI and RT carb leaves me with the stock CDI and carb as spares, so no problem there. I considered a whole engine but that could be heavy to lug around in a side bag, but if the motor breaks, getting the new one on would be as simple as remove carb/exhaust, disconnect clutch, dismount motor, then reverse for new motor. As far as I understood, the #41 chain is only $10, plugs are only $10 for 2, oil is only $15 to mix all that gas, and lube can be had for $6 that should last well over 6000km. Spare parts however could be pricey, I dont think I'll have an issue with the bearings wearing down if I use the SKF ones, especially if the vibrations are reduced via lighter piston and trued crank, so I think the only real replacement parts would be a top end (piston/cylinder/head), maybe some gaskets, totalling about $50. I think this could be quite doable provided I get some feedback from the members who have been running their china girls for a while. This wont be happening for a while anyway though, of course I'd need money for food and lodging and such (outside of the $1000 bike budget though) but I think it'd be amazing to go so far for so little considering a car thats good on gas would cost around $500 in gas alone to do it.