212 hf / schwinn delmar

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i was wordering if anyone would notice! lol! wasnt payin attention. at least your payin attention. as for the dropouts i was looking at the adjusters on the dropouts and they concern me a bit. dont know if it can handle the torque?
glenn

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
things been going kind of slow. just bent me a set of cranks to clear engine. just ordered a comet tav30 torque converter! waiting for that also need flywheel,and a bunch of other goodies but this stuff gets expensive quick ill have a few pictures soon!!
glenn

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
its been a while scince my last post,because things are moving kind of slow but i finally recieved my cvt! ihave been working on the tank thats been a pain in the butt!! lol!!i i finally think i have it right now. also had to order a pillow block bearing and also a longer jackshaft. to mod the cvt. sorry about the pics no flash on camera.
glenn

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
Here is the latest progress on the bike. Tank nearing completion,now im mocking up a pillow block bearing on the left side of the seat tube to support the mod to the cvt had to cut the spindle for sprocket alignment so i need a pillowblock bearing to support the longer jackshaft. heres a new picture.
glenn
dnut

Attachments

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Very impressice build Glenbo!
I am considering using that model CVT on my 99cc build. Could you post a pic showing the other side of your cVT and maybe 'splain a lil about how it's modified?
Thanks, Wayne

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well my whole build is being held up by a little 10 tooth sprocket. I have the bearing the mounts for the bearing the jackshaft halfway mocked up but i need the sprocket to determine where the chain is going to ride before i can finalize everything. should be here any day now.still going to need a flywheel,carb,throttle, and some really good brakes
glenn

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
well my whole build is being held up by a little 10 tooth sprocket. I have the bearing the mounts for the bearing the jackshaft halfway mocked up but i need the sprocket to determine where the chain is going to ride before i can finalize everything. should be here any day now.still going to need a flywheel,carb,throttle, and some really good brakes
glenn

Glenn,

Not sure if you know of them...

www.mcmastercarr.com

They have every sized bored and tooth sprocket you can think up!

They always ship same day and pretty much have huge stock on everything under the sun!

Shipping is very cheap and actual cost!

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Excellent workmanship Glennbo. Can you tell me where you found the aluminum clamps that are on your seat tube?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Nice work Glenbo...I see we are on the same page for the CVT modification. I drilled and treaded each end of the shaft and used think flat washers to hole the ends. Let me know how the collars hold up.