20 Year Old RANS Stratus

GoldenMotor.com

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That is what neatness is :D Have fun! That looks like a very cool ride. it might be worth it to get one of those tall orange flags so other people see you. Peace
-LS

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
That is what neatness is :D Have fun! That looks like a very cool ride. it might be worth it to get one of those tall orange flags so other people see you. Peace
-LS
If you can see the lines painted on the road why could you not see something as big as this bike. Answer, anyone who cannot see this bike is not looking at the road and no amount of flags, lights, or anything else is not going to help! Constant vigilance and a very loud horn might help.

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That's a very good point. I guess if someone's gonna crash into you, it doesn't matter what you do to prevent it.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Very cool bike,
With warm weather finally arriving in the north country you must be itching to give it a run. Sometime this summer maybe we can get some kind of ride organized. How far are you from Ely?
SB

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
Very cool bike,
With warm weather finally arriving in the north country you must be itching to give it a run. Sometime this summer maybe we can get some kind of ride organized. How far are you from Ely?
SB
I'm a couple hundred miles Northwest by Lake of the Woods. I hope to have it running in about a month, Give it another month of tweaking and working out bugs. Maybe sometime around August I'll have it ready to commute and take long trips. I hope. zpt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I hope so, too, as it is a worthy build. Fasteddy will be here to work on the Indian tri-cars then and maybe we'll take a road trip your way. I imagine we have more time than you do. Keep those pictures coming!
SB

tcmcnomad

May 22, 2011
United States
As a loyal Stratus owner this makes me want to cry when I saw you intended to cut up one of these babies, but I am looking forward to seeing ur final results. Given how smooth my beast rides, and it has been subject to electrification and a HT adaptation, I can only for see an easy 60 mph for you..trk

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
As a loyal Stratus owner this makes me want to cry when I saw you intended to cut up one of these babies, but I am looking forward to seeing ur final results. Given how smooth my beast rides, and it has been subject to electrification and a HT adaptation, I can only for see an easy 60 mph for you..trk
In retrospect, I probably would weld up a completely new frame. I had many pleasurable miles of pedaling this stratus, but upgrading and modernizing it would have cost just as much as putting an engine on it, probably more. And I really need a comfortable, reliable and economical 80-mile-round-trip daily commuter. I suppose 60 mph is a possibility, but so is 35 to 40 mph and 250 mpg.

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
Week 12. Rear Fender, Baskets, 2-gallon Briggs & Stratten Gas tank, Fuel Lines, Fuel Filter, Fuel Shutoff, Carburetor, and hook up Throttle Cable. I had to take yesterday afternoon and mow the lawn because the weather was perfect. And my wife told to get out, cut the grass, or she'd cut off my residuals.

Attachments