Im clueless and stumpped

GoldenMotor.com

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
choke on help at all?, partial on, somethings gotta work.......I still wonder if the problem is the carb at all. if you have a bad air leak on a crank seal you'll get simular symptoms. keep looking & keep the faith!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
how much oil is in the premix?
too much oil will be like throwing a monkey wrench in it.
have you dribbled just a small amount of gas into the spark plug hole?
did you check that the mag rotor key is in place on the crank?
3 things to make an engine run. fuel, spark, air, well maybe 4 if you count timing and that is why I asked about the key in place on the mag rotor.
Hey its in the 70's here in Los Angeles

topdog13

Feb 13, 2011
PA
does your back wheel move? my bike wouldnt move forward only backwards bc a screw was loose in the piston it went put put and died

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I had numerous problems with my 2 stroke kit when I first got it. My first question is, is this a stock carb you put on it? If yes, did you set the needle to two notches from the top? My next question is, did you try turning the idle screw in all the way and then backing it out ~4.5 turns? These things could help. If it is a different carb from the one that belongs, what is the bore on the carb in mm. ? I assume you have the stock carb, so try these things. Also, if you are running a stock plug you may want to change it for an NGK plug. Just try those things out. Good luck, I hope it works!

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
I read somewhere that Ether starting fluid is real bad for two stroke motors as it purges the lubrication off the piston walls. It said it was okay for 4 strokes - that does make sense to me.
I used ether based starting fluid on my flying horse 80cc to try and get it started... a whole can. the motor still runs great.... it ended up being a bad carb.

Adam... did you try the old carb?

heyscuba

Jan 19, 2011
st. louis, missouri
!!

hope to see the Space Shuttle take off on Feb.24th. that will be soooo cool if I get to see and hear it fly!!!!!
1st time I was in Florida it was cold and I was confused, then the next day the shuttle took off and exploded moments later,... that was horrible,...
have a good trip !
usflg

werntonb

Feb 8, 2011
United States
Ok this is what happened to me once. My bike was running fine and one day it wouldn't start. I tried to start it again holding down the kill switch and it fired right up. What I did was disconnect the kill switch and run the white wire straight to ground. My friends bike did the same thing...
That's what I also did in my bike. +1 for you.