first real road test

GoldenMotor.com

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
today i went on an adventure to the next town over. was a 60 mile round trip run.........took me about 3 and a half hours to complete.....my bottom is kinda sore. but the bike performed better than i expected it to. no glitches, no breakdowns, was lots of fun.....got up on I-20 for a few miles even.....well the farthest right shoulder i could get......lol semi-s running 75 mph about 8 foot to the left of me.....weird thing was i got a little speed boost every time one of em passed me by.......couple of things i need to work out on the bike though. even though no glitches or breakdowns occurred im still only getting 25 mph on the bike downhill and 20 on flat ground. i just dont understand it. i have the CNS carb tuned perfectly, and i have a cheapo chrome banana expansion chamber all the ports are matched and still not attaining the 30 mph speeds that i want. am running the stock 44 tooth rear drive sprocket....could that be the next thing to switch out maybe? maybe get a different expansion chamber? i dont know......some help?.........oooh yeah I went to the next town over because theres an ARMY surplus store there that i had always wanted to check out.....turns out they dont have anything that i wanted....was looking for kinda vintage looking headlight for an army motorcycle type thing....all they had was radio equipment type of stuff.......one weird thing they did have that kinda peaked my interest because it had cooling fins was what looked to be a mechanical fuel injection cylinder head that looked like it would fit the 80CC bike. but it was like 30 bucks and i had no idea as to how to get it to work or even if it would work so i decided to save my money for more worthwhile things.....all told it was a good adventure.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As Nougat said, give it a little time. These little Chinese 2 strokes are like savings bonds and traffic tickets; the longer you have them the more they mature. The more miles they accrue the better they run. Down the road a little you might want to try a 41T sprocket if you're looking for a better top end and if the majority of your riding is on flat ground you could even consider a 36T. Hilly terrain will require a tad lower gear than a 36 but the 41 seems to be a good all round compromise that will give you the best of both worlds. Congratulations on a good ride. Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Tom

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
Just how fast exactly can these little china girls go? I think my bike right now has just hit the 25mph mark, maybe a bit higher. I need to get my speedometer working, but I think it's vibrating too much or maybe interference of wires... it's a wireless speedo...

If these can reach 40mph, that's basically a general standard speed limit here... I'll be thrilled... I'm sure my rear will get a really good tone out with all that vibration too...
(reference of those stomach vibrators which supposedly are meant to get rid of the fat in the stomach; I need to reduce the vibrations too... LOL)

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
Sounds good. Not the 60km/h speed I was hoping to achieve, but 50's is still good. I can keep up decently with cars at least and not necessarily be 'in their way'