Your longest Trip?

GoldenMotor.com

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
The furthest I have travelled on my MB was only about 12 miles there and back..
That isn't very far.... But do plan on travelling about 50 miles soon just to do it. I already have the route planned out.. Just a matter of doing it. Wish I had a riding buddy...

So whats the furthest some of yall have travelled on these sweet engines??? OH and I got a good idea for a headlight... using a 15V Rechargable Drill battery...usflg

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Longest "trip" was just under 100 miles. cruised through the canyons for a few hours. on the way home my muffler cap fell off, and i rode about 10 miles sounding like a leaf blower with headers on it. made it home and had about 3 teaspoons of fuel left in the stock peanut tank.

a normal days ride for me is 20-30 miles. the liquor store's 3 blocks away, but it always seems to take me an hour or so to get smokes...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
My lil 2-smoker & I do only about 5-10 miles a day... while it may not sound like much, it's every day, year round - no matter what the weather may be as I choose to use my trusty steed as a daily driver & commuter. Add in my weekend adventures of up to 70+ miles a day and it adds up QUICK lol... (tho it's mebbe true I don't tend to gallivant off quite as far in the dead of winter heh).

...but I keep riding in random, wandering circles o_O *sigh* I really do need to do some epic camping trip up in the frozen northlands or some such... meh, stoopid job *shakes fist* I'M BEING OPPRESSED! :p

Last edited:

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
BarelyAwake,

Thats about the same as me.. 5-10 miles a day.. its 10 AM here in germany and I already did my 10 miles lol...I also wander in circles... trying to fool myself into thinking i need to go to the postoffice.. even though i know i have no mail haha, then to the auto shop on the other side of post.....for nothin... I am currently on a 2 week break before going to Latvia.. so Ive been taking advantage of my workin on my hog..

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
lol - I so know whatcha mean man, I've taken to doin' my shopping in the next town over... not so much 'cause it's cheaper or has a better selection - but jus' cause it's o'er there instead of o'er here :p

Hmm... 4am here & nice and cool out.... Is it jus' me or is my ride whispering suggestions? o_O

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I'm an old pedal cyclist, so I'm used to long trips.

Adding the motor makes cycling so amazingly easy! I have done 120 miles in a day at 25 mph average speed. It did get a little boring at the end, but I have no doubt that I could bike 200 miles in a day if I really wanted to.

A ride of 60 to 80 miles is a "nice little ride" that I can easily do without any real rest stops - something that I might do before lunch.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Longest was 54 miles round trip but I usually go wandering in a big circle of roughly 30-40 miles every chance I get. Already burned through 6 gallons of gas since mid May. :D

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hey, neat thread! My 25 yr. young daughter and I do a 35 to 40 mile ride once each week. I have a few "country" routes w/ good roads and little traffic. BMP friction drives on both. R/S EHO 35 on Juli's and Dax Titan 50 on mine. Both bikes have heavy duty wheels, tires and tubes. I've had no issues, especially NO MORE FLAT TIRES! Too much fun!