first time whizzer owner

GoldenMotor.com

millardan

Jul 4, 2010
canada
i was handed down a 1947 H model Whizzer motor. I am looking for resources and parts. specifically i need levers and cables. also i'm not fully understanding the clutch. should that pulley be spring loaded or are two cables needed somehow. is there a copy of a manual i can get ahold of.

i live in BC Canada

thanks for you help

dan

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
i was handed down a 1947 H model Whizzer motor. I am looking for resources and parts. specifically i need levers and cables. also i'm not fully understanding the clutch. should that pulley be spring loaded or are two cables needed somehow. is there a copy of a manual i can get ahold of.

i live in BC Canada

thanks for you help

dan
Hey congratulations on the motor. Here's a link to a manual:

WHIZZER SERVICE MANUAL: eBay Motors (item 350371217020 end time Jul-08-10 11:57:22 PDT)

Here's a link to Memory Lane Classics. They will have almost anything you need for a Whizzer & are very friendly & knowledgeable:

Memory Lane Classics

I get lots of my parts on Ebay. Hope this helps.
Jay

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

The clutch is operated with a single cable. The arm is pulled tight via a spring. Part number 2260 is a bracket that connects around the frame and holds the cable in place. You should use the original clutch handle as it is made to pull the arm the needed amount to dis-engage the clutch.

Memory Lane Classics
will have the majority of parts needed to complete your project. I have a large supply of vintage motor parts if needed.

Have fun,

millardan

Jul 4, 2010
canada
I figured out where the spring attaches to the pulley, but where does it go from there? Is there another bracket needed? I'm sure it will be clear once I get the service manual, but I'm eager to get things moving. Also that cable bracket mentioned, should that read part # 2960 not 2260?

Thanks

dann

Hi Dan,

Sorry, you are correct the part number for the clutch cable bracket is in fact #2960 [not 2260].

I will do my best to explain the order of the parts used on the clutch system. There is a bracket attached to the arm for the spring. The part number on the Memory Lane site is #252 and called "clutch pulley spring link", it normally has 4 holes to allow for adjustment.

The spring attaches to one of the holes in the "clutch pulley spring link", and the other end connects to bracket "clutch tension spring link" [Memory Lane part number #251]. The "Clutch tension spring link" has a larger hole at one end to connect to the seat post-tightening bolt, and can be positioned to add or subtract tension.

Therefore there is a bracket at each end of the spring.

Have fun,