Springfield IL USA

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Well, it was a fine ride today, 90+ degrees out and a headwind going west from Decatur IL. 35 mile ride by car on interstate and about 5o miles going through the country. made it there and back on a gallon and a half of fuel- 115 miles round trip. Iam a little fried from the sun , but it was a great ride.
three of us went and no more than we got out of town- one guy had a massive sprocket break on his set up.:( and so he disconnected the motor chain and started pedaling to the nearest town. as this was gonna take a while I pushed him about a mile into town. Now get this, I was pushing on his rear luggage carrier with my left hand, and riding with loud handle with the other hand. and being only a foot or so (arms length) from the other guys rear tire with your front tire! yeah, let me tell ya! cool thing was, I was not only help pushing him but I was running 30mph while doing it! It was Awesome.
We found some Angels in this town who had a welder that we could use. we made repairs and was back on the road incident free for the rest of the trip:) But we made it to Springfield our next adventure will be in Monroe WI. June 12,13 then then a Ride to Pana Il Bike show June 27 and then were planning a fall ride to Champaign IL. then were gonna ride East out of state. Every ride is a ride to say "Ive been there on my bike" far from home, a few tools, injinuity, and and you can go the distant! sorry for the rambling and sorry no pics were taken of this adventure.

ThatPerson

May 11, 2009
Southport, NC
Sounds like you all had a good time. When you said you had to push your friend, that reminded me of a little adventure I had last year. My uncle and I set out for a 30 mile round trip ride back when we both had a couple of china girls. My uncle's motor let go about 12 miles out. He told me to go on ahead and he would peddle home. Well you know you can never leave a fellow MBer behind! I had a bungee cord on my rear rack that I tied to my seat post and tied the other end to the front of his bike. It was very interesting going since he was less than a foot off my back tire! My little 66cc pulled him and me back home without breaking a sweat. Now that is something since both me and my uncle are both 240lbs. We got some strange looks from people who just couldn't figure out what we were doing. Probably didn't help that most have never seen a MB before either. LOL

skyhawk217

Aug 24, 2009
Decatur, IL
thats awesome. we considered a tow rope type of deal too, tho filestyle decided to stiff arm push him. i was also on that ride that day. little update, weve now done the monroe,wi trip with rolling hills and atv trails to ride 100+ miles in about 14 hrs. great time had by all. the pana,il trip turned into us driving the bikes there in the van. scott took 1st place in muscle bike category w his Ross Apollo 5-speed. afterwards took a 30 mile roundrip trail to celebrate.