Laws? Canada

GoldenMotor.com

peter carswell

Nov 18, 2009
Hamilton Ontario
yes you may be charged as i was but in theory i was not commiting a criminal act in operating my bike all they can do is keep fining me but i will never pay the fine and there is not much they can do to collect these fines other than sending it to collections they can not renew someones drivers licence but in my case i let my license expire years ago and i have no intention in getting another one

Gan Man

Jan 22, 2012
South east , Ontario
I'm with you, i will help if i can. If you set kit up properly, keep good parts & maintain properly, these bikes are a cheap safe fuel efficient means of transportation. Like every other vehicle, these bikes need a compotent sober driver. A safety check, $100 insurance,moped licence, helmet lets ride. I'm with you, how can i help

Gan Man

Jan 22, 2012
South east , Ontario
Maybe we could work together instead of taking jabs at new less experienced members ? Power in #s. There must be lots of ways of getting our points across to the goverment. lets get some ideas together.

Colby

Jan 29, 2012
calgary ab canada
Well now, after talking with some cops in Calgary, they told me that there is NO laws about gas bikes. That is the problem. I've been riding for two years, sometimes side by side with a crusier, at 45-50 kph. Always wear a DOT helmet and ride with respect. If you feel nervous when you see a cop, kill the engine and peddle until the cop is gone.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Killing your engine will only work with police that havent seen you yet. If you simply kill your engine most police will know to feel the engine for heat..... Its the same as kids would say when they used to illegally ride their motocross bikes on the street. Never worked.............. pleading ignorance of the laws would be a better attempt at getting away with riding, because you are likely to just make the polieman angry if you lie about why your engine is hot to touch.

Last edited:

Jjroberto12

Sep 25, 2013
Canada
Hey every well after hours of asking cops and bycle shop they all came up with if it 28 cc or 32 cc it legel to drive casue it only will reach 25 km or less so I found a a 35 cc engine kit from china and got this plate made and drive down the street to my nabours house he's a opp officer and ask him if it ok to drive it on city street he said its 100% legel but if u brake any traffic laws u will be charge just like if u where driving a car or motor bike and he said u must have full working light and turning lights and etc well here a pic of the plate I had made hope this helps every one