80ccmotorboys vendor review,

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
so far i have not purchased anything from Rob yet, but his service via email has been great, unlike many other vendors located in china, he seems very friendly and offers great prices, especially on the 4 stroke engine kit, i am heading over today to pick up my 49cc 4 stroke bicycle kit, he has offered me a warranty on the hoot gearbox because of the problems some people have been having, he responds timely and in full English, so its great not to have to worry about getting a response from him, he also offers an array of parts, luckily for me his vendor is very close to where i live so i can get to him and avoid any shipping charges, his prices are tax free(if your not shipping) also he agreed to stay open later for me to accommodate my schedule, another great thing, i will update this when i get my engine kit, i will also post pictures and review how the engine looks before the install, because i get to avoid shipping i will most likely not have to deal with the broken parts and the missing bolts usually associated with getting kits from china, so far he gets a big thumbs up from me, but only time will tell the outcome of this review,

i will update this sometime tonight hopefully,

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
ok well heres the update!, i got the engine today, the box was a little smashed up but all the parts were there, everything was in perfect condition and there were no missing parts, he has Santa clause working in the back of his shop(no im not kidding he really does!!) and he showed me the kit, and all the parts, and we took it apart and looked to make sure everything was there, and it was, apparently motorboys looks over every kit personally to make sure all the parts were there, anyways its a great looking engine, i got it home and it fit like a friggen glove onto my bike, i didnt even need the wide crank adapter kit, my pedals cleared it, i am just dry fitting everything now, tomorrow i will disassemble and loctite it together and begin my break in, so far this vendor gets a thumbs up, but only time will tell if the engine is good or not,
DSC04449.JPG

DSC04452.JPG

DSC04453.JPG

DSC04454.JPG

DSC04455.JPG

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Good review, keep us posted, and THANK YOU for posting the small pictures.
Some of us are still on dial up. Yes, it's still available in some parts of the country, and the only option in some areas.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
linnix you should have posted this 4 stroke review in the 4 stroke forum...lol

Looking forward to hearing how you like that particular kit, was thinking of buying one myself since the seller is not to far down the highway from me and that's not to mention I think they are the only one selling a 4 stroke kit in Canada at the moment. I've read lots of nasty things about that gearbox but I've watched some youtube videos of it in action too...it seems not so bad and after looking at some pictures of it"s internals I wondered if I couldn't make it better with a little thinking and tweaking. Tell me was the wide pedal crank set that came with your kit the square taper type or the one piece type? The frames I have that I'd like to put a 4 stroke kit on take the one piece cranks.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
linnix you should have posted this 4 stroke review in the 4 stroke forum...lol

Looking forward to hearing how you like that particular kit, was thinking of buying one myself since the seller is not to far down the highway from me and that's not to mention I think they are the only one selling a 4 stroke kit in Canada at the moment. I've read lots of nasty things about that gearbox but I've watched some youtube videos of it in action too...it seems not so bad and after looking at some pictures of it"s internals I wondered if I couldn't make it better with a little thinking and tweaking. Tell me was the wide pedal crank set that came with your kit the square taper type or the one piece type? The frames I have that I'd like to put a 4 stroke kit on take the one piece cranks.
yes i really should have posted this in the 4 stroke forum, but its a vendor review, kinda, damn! well whatever its to late now, the crank was a 2 piece, one side contained the sprocket and a pedal and the other was a pedal, so its 2 pieces total, but i didnt need it,

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well i got the kit mounted, i got it on perfectly with loctite and all, it runs great! i dont have a half link so i still havnt rode it, but the engine runs and sounds great! everything works,

i will be riding it tomorrow, i will update then,

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well i got out riding it today, i ran it through a tank of gas, its running good, but my god this thing is 3 times as powerful and 1/4th faster than my 80cc HT, it takes me up the hugest hill at 55kph! no problem! i put on 60kms today, its still running great! im satisfied, the gearbox is noisy and slips when i go from a stop to gain speed but i think it just needs to be worked in, i will keep you all updated but so far this engine kicks ass

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
update, went out to it now and gas is pouring out the overflow, i think the float is jammed or something, crap that sucks, i was hoping it would be all smooth sailing! now i have to go pry at the loctite engine mounts just to get the carb of,

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
the gearbox is noisy
Hmm...that's the impression I got from all the videos I've seen of the engine kits using that gearbox. Makes me wonder how well the gears are meshed as a bad mesh is 7 times out of 10 the source of gear whine. Would be impossible to fix any mesh problems with that gearbox unfortunately.

now i have to go pry at the loctite engine mounts just to get the carb of
Just one of the many reason why you shouldn't use the stuff on these little engines ;)

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
ok im back, i fixed it, its running great again, but i will need to look into the carb a bit more, its running to lean, it runs on half choke but thats it, it bogs with the choke off, re jetting?

this engine though is amazingly fast, i hit 65kph and it was cruising fine, it took me up the steepest hill and didnt even wince, it has so much torque its amazing!

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
oh and the gearbox whine is getting better, im going to drain the gear oil and replenish it and see if that helps, but as of now the gearbox whine is very little,

Status
Not open for further replies.