Pant legs

GoldenMotor.com

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
Goofy?? wata ya mean goofy?? what is it to anyone ?? I went for a ride tonite in 25below zero farh., and I wore jeans,and over that I wore sweats, and over that I wore those black track pants with the white stripe( Ricky the trailer park boy) pants if u know who that is. Any way, over that ,I had these big wolen socks pulled up around my pants on both sides. Do u think for one moment I care what anyone thinks about that??......just think about it...they are the goofs...very shallow and ignorant people if they're gonna laugh about the way my socks look. I got on a 300 dollar winter coat and u laughin??? go ahead and laugh!! Go ahead and laugh because to me u are just a meaningless idiot. Thats right.. a meaningless idiot. If I ever went around criticizing any one for what they wore or how they looked, well boy o boy that would be the day. In the summer I wear a reflective band around my pant leg. Just about evey one who rides a bicycle does that or pull up their sock on the right side .It is a very common thing.
Wear what u want to wear and how u want to wear it, and thats cool. If any one laughs at u, just remenber that they are a meaningless mindless idiot. Do not try to look or be cool , and that is what cool is, and that's natural cool.
A few years ago, I went out to learn how to play golf so I got myself a set of Wilson Clubs and at the end of my first season, I had 18 birdies on a miniature par 3 racked up. I also pared a 207 yard par 3 and birdied a 126 yard par 3. Well I'm at the range and there is all these fancy taylor made caloway and ping people around me, and there I am with my Wilsons and my wilson hat because it is white and reflects the sun heat away from my head. Well I did not care because here I am , and there I was. I they don't like it, they can just get the #$%& out of there!!!
Geuss what happened within the next couple of years. A P.G.A. pro named Padraig Harrington (hope i spelled his name right), became the 4th player in the history of golf to win more than one majior in the same season. He did it with Wilson pro staffs and He wore a Wilson hat. Well how about that. He was the only player I ever saw wearing Wilson on the P.G.A.
Hey there Blakenstein, I hope you didn't take my post wrong. You stated my thoughts EXACTLY. I've never been much for worrying about the thoughts of others especially when it comes to my attire. I wear a home made jesters hat whenever I ride. The bells hang out below my helmet and I can hear the bells ringing in the wind when I get up to speed. I have also been known to sport a pair of shorts over my layers on the bottom and a tie-dye on the top. 25 below? Thats awesome. It doesn't get that cold here but if it did, I'd be out there ridin' and sportin the same garb as you. It does get low teens and I'm out there then.
Congrats on yer golf game..I'm still brushing up on mine.
Keep it up brother. Maybe someday our paths will cross and we can compare our styles. People might swear we were related.
Have a great New Year and KEEP RIDIN' WITH STYLE!!
Oh, and as far as Ricky (TPB) goes. He's one of my heroes. I snagged a pair of track pants (you know the ones) at a garage sale a couple years ago. Wear those on rides too.
Stay safe and don't change Blakenstein.
Evandance1

XFired

Dec 29, 2009
Waterloo Ontario
Another thought copied from another post..

Remove the cover and remove the shaft from the cover by twisting it around while lifting up. Now remove the nut from the top of the shaft. Here comes the fun part... the shaft is really pressed hard onto the lever.

Proceed from here at your own risk. The end objective is to remove the lever, change it toward the motor by 2 splines (I think), and put it back together. If you have a press, it's easy.

You don't have a press so here is the backyard method. Put a spare nut on top of the shaft to protect the threads. support both sides of the lever with a vise and tap on the shaft to free it from the splines. Reset, then tab back through.

The end result is that you move the lever over the top of the motor so it's out of the way. You will have to cut the small return spring an inch or 2 and readjust your cable.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
(OTA, off topic alert) Xfired, Every time I see your build, am amazed. 2 cool. Any issues with the tensioner being on the "top" of the chain?

XFired

Dec 29, 2009
Waterloo Ontario
Yes,the tensioner has since been changed to the front of the sprocket,my original China Kit came with a Bicycle chain,so I was having issues with chain coming off,have switched to heavy duty chain from Motorboys, and have not had any more problems..Live and Learn

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
my problem isn't the clutch actuator itself, it's the acorn nut that holds it on.

i'm thinking about taking off the nut, grinding the threads flush, and drilling and tapping a set screw into the side.

i mean, anyone who's ever tried to get that thing off it's splines knows it ain't going anywhere, anyway, so a little set screw should be just fine...

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Hey there Blakenstein, I hope you didn't take my post wrong. You stated my thoughts EXACTLY. I've never been much for worrying about the thoughts of others especially when it comes to my attire. I wear a home made jesters hat whenever I ride. The bells hang out below my helmet and I can hear the bells ringing in the wind when I get up to speed. I have also been known to sport a pair of shorts over my layers on the bottom and a tie-dye on the top. 25 below? Thats awesome. It doesn't get that cold here but if it did, I'd be out there ridin' and sportin the same garb as you. It does get low teens and I'm out there then.
Congrats on yer golf game..I'm still brushing up on mine.
Keep it up brother. Maybe someday our paths will cross and we can compare our styles. People might swear we were related.
Have a great New Year and KEEP RIDIN' WITH STYLE!!
Oh, and as far as Ricky (TPB) goes. He's one of my heroes. I snagged a pair of track pants (you know the ones) at a garage sale a couple years ago. Wear those on rides too.
Stay safe and don't change Blakenstein.
Evandance1
Thank u for the reply and it is a great one; u are an okay dude . Did u see X Fired bike pic.?? That is very innovative the way he rear mounted an in framer. That pic is something every one should see! :):)cvlt1

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Very interesting topic. So that's why the road bikers wear spandex, to keep their pants in place. Maybe we should do the same?
How much is a spandex suit?
How come I never see anyone but skinny people like me on road bikes around here?

You know, I got a Trek for a 40 year gift at work (kinda started me on the slippery slope that ended up here). It didn't have a chainguard nor a kickstand. BUT a cheap Mongoose has both.
Last month I made a coathanger deflector for the Trek chainring- works great.

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
The few.....the proud.........the boys. Still waiting for the latest movie "countdown to liquor day" to be available in the states.

Thats RIDIKILUS dude!
Evan

chrisE

Mar 1, 2010
san pedro,ca. U.S.A.
ive caught my pant leg on that acorn nut a couple of times (not enough to annoy me)well after reading some of this thread i thought for like 5 minutes and two or three mental proto types went through my head before i came up with this. i already had moved the clutch arm a couple of splines back, bent the arm back even more, and down a bit all this so the cable had a more linear course to the i guess its called the "cable guide" thats mounted to the motor as to hopefully lengthen the life of the clutch cable and the parts that are associated with the cable (my friend had a problem with the clutch cable breaking) so i did all this before i even had to add more gas to my new build this also inadvertently solved a problem with the pant leg deal of which i knew nothing about- two birds one stone so to speak. so im good with the pant on the clutch arm problem. now for the acorn, i basically took a piece of extra gas line that i had from a previous motorcycle build and, ( see enclosed pix) . as you can see i also attached it to the idle screw- so this now has two purposes 1. stop your pants from getting caught on the acorn nut. 2. stop you from loosing the idle screw ( ive heard of this being a problem) again two birds one stone. i have not tested this yet , cause i immediately went out after reading this thread made this thing took some pix and typed this. but when i was fitting it on it was hard to get on and off the acorn and coupled with the tension of connecting it to the idle screw on in theory it should stay. if it doesnt then its nothing a little hose clamp cant fix..... whew that was a mouth full.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
now for the acorn, i basically took a piece of extra gas line that i had from a previous motorcycle build and, ( see enclosed pix) . as you can see i also attached it to the idle screw- so this now has two purposes 1. stop your pants from getting caught on the acorn nut. 2. stop you from loosing the idle screw ( ive heard of this being a problem) again two birds one stone. i have not tested this yet , cause i immediately went out after reading this thread made this thing took some pix and typed this. but when i was fitting it on it was hard to get on and off the acorn and coupled with the tension of connecting it to the idle screw on in theory it should stay. if it doesnt then its nothing a little hose clamp cant fix..... whew that was a mouth full.
Very slick, Chris.
I'd like to hear what you tell people when they ask what the fuel line is for. You could have some fun with that: "Oh, that's my Nitrous Oxide System" or "That line carries oil to the automatic transmission". Seriously, its a good idea and like you said, kills two birds.
Tom

chrisE

Mar 1, 2010
san pedro,ca. U.S.A.
Very slick, Chris.
I'd like to hear what you tell people when they ask what the fuel line is for. You could have some fun with that: "Oh, that's my Nitrous Oxide System" or "That line carries oil to the automatic transmission". Seriously, its a good idea and like you said, kills two birds.
Tom
haha, funny you mentioned that im actually planning on making a faux nos bottle using an empty nos energy drink can / container as a joke....LOL. you mentioning that was a sign, i think that will be todays little project ill post pix when im done. "oil to the automatic transmission" - classic

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
well i have burned my leg on the exhaust! not riding the bike but blocking my dogs from that dam exhaust it's still red like a fricken door nob!!!!!!!!!! i have been riding with both pants and shorts for two years never had a problem!